X1mk3 not recognized Mac Ventura

I bought an X1mk3 on the second hand market, hardware is not recognized by my computer. 

Mbp M1, 1st gen that came with 2 usb c inputs only. Mac OS Ventura. Traktor pro 4 fully licensed installed with latest version. 

I have a usb hub with various connections connected to one of the usb c ports. The Z1 controller works fine connected to a usb 2.0 in the hub. The Traktor audio 10 works fine, also connected in a usb 2.0. The Maschine +, the Maschine Jam and M32 keyboard also work fine. It could be the usb hub but not likely. I’ve tried connecting the x1 to both usb 3.0 and 2.0 connections on the hub. Even tried with the power adapter connected to it. No luck.

I have another usb c to usb a 3.1 that will be arriving in a day or 2, think this could solve it? Do I need to register the x1’s serial for it to work? My previous experiences with NI hardware is that it should work and get recognized, even unregistered. 

Best Answer

• djadidai
    djadidai Member Posts: 460 Pro
    edited September 10 Answer ✓

SOLVED IT! There was an NI app that didn’t have full disk access.

Answers

• lord-carlos
    lord-carlos Member Posts: 3,195 Expert

It should just work.

Does it light up at all?

I don't know much about macs, but does it have some kind of device manager that tells you if it sees any new USB devices that are connected?

• djadidai

it’s making the color show when I connect it and then it shuts down except for the button with 3 red/orange lines on it.

• lord-carlos

And Traktor 4 is up and running when you plug it in?

Mhh.

I would contact support.

• djadidai

yes, ive tried plugging it in when Traktor was up and running, and tried connecting it before starting Traktor 4, both in usb 2.0 and 3.0 connections without anything else connected to my hub. Only the z1 and x1. I use the other usb c connection on the laptop for the charger. I’ll try switching the usb c connections to see if it makes a difference.

• djadidai

I started controller editor 2.8.2 and it’s not seeing the X1mk3. It doesn’t even show on the list where you can select controller.

• djadidai

I also tried a different cable, the one from my Traktor audio 10, and same results.

• lord-carlos

I don't think controller editor shows any modern controller in that list.

• djadidai
    edited September 10 Answer ✓

SOLVED IT! There was an NI app that didn’t have full disk access.

• Skymachine
    Skymachine Member Posts: 3 Newcomer

hi! I also have a MacBook Pro m1 with only 2 usb-c ports and i have a x1mk3 and also bought yesterday an Traktor Audio 6 second handed…i have a big problem cause o have afraid of traktor pro 4 to crash…can you tell me the model of your usb-c hub? Can i connect the áudio 6 to the X1MK3 Hub and it Will work fine? Many thanks 🙏🏼

• djadidai

Yo! I just bought a deltaco usb-c to 4 usb a 3,1. Works like a charm. But my units worked well with my prokord hub also which has many other connections also.

• djadidai

Ps: both my hubs are unpowered, so no possibility to connect power adapter to them. However the units get enough power since I don’t connect anything else when I want to play.