Problem with Kontrol S88

ClaudioCoriano
ClaudioCoriano Member Posts: 4 Newcomer
edited August 30 in Komplete Kontrol

Komplete 14. Unfortunately, I have spent the past two days trying to set up the controller without success. I'm quite surprised that there is no support from the company for issues like the one I'm encountering.

I followed all the setup steps: loading Native Access, registering the hardware, and attempting to install the controller software. However, the installation fails every time with the error message: "GA classics eLicensing VST 3 control error." After some research, I discovered that the eLicenser is tied to a single serial code for my Steinberg UR44 audio interface.

I’m puzzled by this connection since the error seems related to the audio device, but the issue is occurring with the controller, which is a separate device. Has anyone else experienced this issue or have any idea what might be causing it?

I am on the way to return their hardware. I believe a company should have a direct line for support. NI doesn't. One more reason, probably, to move on..

Tagged:

Answers

• Matthew_NI
    Matthew_NI Product Team Posts: 1,186 mod

Did you try submitting a support ticket? We do have that available.

Which installer were you attempting to run?

What are your environment variables?

• ClaudioCoriano
    ClaudioCoriano Member Posts: 4 Newcomer

I am trying to install the Kontrol software from Native Access.

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 11,395 mod

@ClaudioCoriano We have a dedicated support section: https://support.native-instruments.com/hc/en-us

It's accessible from our webshop:

You'll find a chatbox and can have access to our chat supporters. Here is how to:

Now regarding your issues with the S88, we would recommend checking these articles and videos:

Kontrol S-Series MK3 Troubleshooting Guide

however, the installation fails every time with the error message: "GA classics eLicensing VST 3 control error."

This error message only indicates one of your plug-ins âst or present requires an Elicense. Make sure that if you are not using this plug-in anymore. It's only a matter of plug-in administration and has nothing to do with the keyboard itself.

Can you explain what the issue is exactly?