Windows 11 Komplete Kontrol 61S Mk1 and all the lights go out.

Custom Blue
Custom Blue Member Posts: 33 Member
edited June 2022 in Komplete Kontrol

A new PC arrives with Windows 11 installed on its new SSD C drive and Install the D and E 1K hard drives from my old PC with libraries and projects etc. This is what happened and I hope it may help others who may have a similar problem. Some information was found on the old board which I can only say thanks to for pointing me in the right direction.

Komplete Kontrol 61S Mk1

Problems

1/ Would only turn on in midi mode without Preset Buttons being lit up. Needed to open Kontrol or Kontakt to bring on Preset lights but they would soon drop out again.

2/ All LED Lights going out when using in DAW whilst keys would still send midi all other functions stopped.

Causes

1/ In Services both NIHardwareService and NIHostIntegrationAgent were not running when starting them manually they would drop out in a short time.

2/ More than one instance of Komplete Kontrol appeared to be installed.

Solution

Uninstalled Komplete Kontrol.

Renamed C:\Program Files\Common Files\Native Instruments\Hardware.

Downloaded and then ran: - “NI Uninstall RegTool_64bit.exe” removed Komplete Kontrol and previous versions of Komplete.

Searched for all Files named Komplete Kontrol and deleted them.

Rebooted Windows

Opened Native Access and Installed Komplete Kontrol.

Result

A new C:\Program Files\Common Files\Native Instruments\Hardware was installed. (I deleted old renamed file)

When switching on Komplete Kontrol the Preset buttons light up and checked NIHardwareService and NIHostIntegrationAgent in Services to find both running.

Kontakt and Komplete Kontrol working perfectly in standalone mode and also in my DAW.

Komplete Kontrol S61 Mk1 is now fully functional and working perfectly.