Battery 4 development

Options
apricotandpearjam
apricotandpearjam Member Posts: 83 Member

Hi @Jeremy_NI and @Simon_NI and @Kaiwan_NI - I was just wondering if you could give us any hope about the development of Battery4? As you know there are looooooooong standing bugs which havent been addressed for years.

Battery is a staple for so many producers and I feel like it would help so much to know that its going to be addressed and developed.

We're not asking for specific details on future features, just an acknowledgement that you will fix the bugs and continue to develop Battery.

Thanks!

Comments

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 10,619 mod
    Options

Hey @apricotandpearjam I can only share what I've shared in another thread (one about one of these long lasting bugs). There's an update that should come, fixing these long lasting bugs and bringing official Sonoma support on Mac. It still needs some further testing and fixing before release. It has been pushed back again, unfortunately we don't have an ETA for this release at the moment.

Regarding future development, as far as I know, there's nothing planned in the near future for Battery 4.

• SaschaFranck
    SaschaFranck Member Posts: 96 Helper
    Options

Well, then just grab the code of Battery 3 and make it future proof. Everybody will be happy.

• chk071
    chk071 Member Posts: 452 Pro
    Options

"Well, then just grab the code of Battery 3 and make it future proof. Everybody will be happy."

I highly doubt that.

• SaschaFranck
    Options

Why? Pretty much everyone I know was quite happy with Battery 3 and majorly dissapointed with V4.

• chk071
    chk071 Member Posts: 452 Pro
    edited June 23
    Options
    1. You don't know everyone who uses Battery.
    2. The moment they would revive it, people would ask for more features, and a more modern user interface.
    3. You don't know how much legacy code is in Battery 3, which NI would need to maintain, or renew.

It's a bad idea really.

You know what I rather wonder about? Why they don't bring Maschine software to everyone. That would make much more sense for me. But, I guess NI wants to sell the hardware, thus makes it exclusive for it.

• SaschaFranck
    Options

Can't be too much legacy code in Battery 3, given that it's still running on all Windows machines and on most Intel Macs.

And fwiw, I obviously wasn't exactly serious. It's just that Battery 4 is an epic flop. So they could rather grab the working code of V3, add some niceties, change some UI things and call it Battery 5.

As far as Maschine goes, I'd have zero interest in that. All I want is a dedicated drum/percussion sampler. Battery used to be perfect for that.

• BIF
    BIF Member Posts: 726 Pro
    Options

I wouldn't want to go back to Battery 3.

I'd like to see Battery 5, and I'd like to see it augmented/dovetailed with Maschine…or with any 16-pad controller, really.

• SaschaFranck
    Options

In the first place, I'd like a version that works. Battery 4 is not that version.