Maschine software audio input limit

Options
2»

Comments

• AggroMan
    AggroMan Member Posts: 2 Member
    Options

To give some context:

I extended my audio interface from 8 -> 16 inputs. If i could use the built in mixer in Maschine to map and mix all these i could continue to have a very hands-off experience from the computer. Now i have to start another DAW to get this functionality, or as some suggested, maybe buy a mixer which i don't really have the space for. But if anyone has some hardware i don't know about that can solve this without buying a huge (at least much bigger than the maschine) mixerboard, I'm all ears.

• Hardscan
    Hardscan Member Posts: 2 Member
    Options

Nothing fishy about my original question. I’ve been using Maschine since the first Mikro was released and been using the Studio since that was released. I am well versed in how to use Maschine and yes I do use work arounds if applicable. In this case work arounds such as use a mixer or sum my gear through patch bays etc is not a good enough solution when you consider that the input limit is artificial. I know this limitation has been around since day zero, I was hoping that after 10 years there might have been some progress on this!

• HajoH
    HajoH Member Posts: 2 Newcomer
    Options

Wouw! Bought an ADAT expander today to add Osmose as a 5th stereo device to my setup next to rytm2 tr-08s miniloque xd and Nina (using maschine as a mixer/midi sequencer). Only to find out about this stupid limitation. Thats it, ordering a push 3 NOW! NI really should start focussing on product improvement instead of pushing stupid sound packs...