Ashlight 1.5 seems to be missing the "New in 1.5" tags

Bryn Owen
Bryn Owen Member Posts: 18 Member
edited May 2022 in Maschine

Actually two things after installing the Ashlight 1.5 update ...

First, does anyone else not see the tag for "New in 1.5" - this was in a YouTube video. The idea being you can see what's new easily by filtering with the tag.

Second, I noticed that under the list of presets "Ashlight" itself (the .nki instrument file) is listed! So in Maschine and KK "Ashlight" appears and can be selected, but is not really a preset (you can click the i info button to see it is not). Seems like the installation went wrong but I see no way to remove a preset! Does anyone know how to remove a preset or incorrect entry?

Thank you.

Tagged:

Best Answer

• Blindeddie
    Blindeddie Member Posts: 1,559 Expert
    Answer ✓

You cannot delete Maschine/KK NKS Presets from their respective browsers. You can however, right click. "find In Finder/Explorer" then delete the presets from there, rescan and the should be removed from the list. Note however that any Update to the library might replace the presets you removed.

Answers

• Bryn Owen

I see now that "New in 1.5" only works inside Kontakt, but not in KK or Maschine which is too bad.

It is mentioned in the video here: https://youtu.be/s8lg_GSe4fg?t=193

I'd still like to know how folks manage the list of Presets / Snapshots - is there a way to remove junk?

Thanks again.

• Blindeddie
    Blindeddie Member Posts: 1,559 Expert
    Answer ✓

You cannot delete Maschine/KK NKS Presets from their respective browsers. You can however, right click. "find In Finder/Explorer" then delete the presets from there, rescan and the should be removed from the list. Note however that any Update to the library might replace the presets you removed.

• Bryn Owen

Thanks - I can use that approach for real presets. If I do that with the offending "Ashlight" entry it takes me to the Instruments install path, and removing that file would kill Ashlight. So I was hoping for some way to hack the list of Presets without removing the actual file. But this is really not critical - I can easily ignore it!

Thanks for the help.