Sidechaining in Maschine

Mudchild
Mudchild Member Posts: 14 Member

Hi all

Am I right in thinking the only way to do sidechain compression in MK3 is through the built-in Compressor plugin?

I've tried it with FabFilter's compressor, but there doesn't seem to be any way for the trigger Sound to address the sidechain input of the FF plugin - or am I missing something?

Cheers!

Best Answer

Answers

• darkwaves
    darkwaves Member Posts: 342 Guru
    edited May 2022

I don't have fabfilter. I was able to get it to work with NI's Solid Bus Comp and one of the others. Worked fine with a few of the Arturia compressors. I couldn't get it to work with iZotope's Neutron Compressor. Not sure if that's just me not knowing what I'm doing or some kind of compatibility issue. I don't seem to have any waves compressors with a sidechain input.

The ones that worked just used the side chain input like the stock compressor would. Nothing special.

(lol @ the profanity filter NI.)

• Mudchild

Arrr, no you CAN do it! Thanks, I tried with Solid Bus after you siad that, and realised I'd missed where to select the sidechain input. Now I see it works with Fabfilter too. Tidy.

• Federico 307
    Federico 307 Member Posts: 1 Newcomer

HI Mudchild! What is the solution you found to apply side chain with fab filter in maschine?

Where you select the side chain input?

Thnx

• Mudchild
    edited October 2023 Answer ✓

There you go!