Keyboad>Events>Select notes in zoom window

deathtrapdan
deathtrapdan Member Posts: 7 Member

when in Keyboard>Events view, is there a way to select all the notes in the zoomed region?
Shift+ALL at the top would seem like an obvious one, but it still just selects ALL.
or at least is there a way to select the first note in the zoomed section?
In a long pattern, selecting events from 1:1:1 is a bit dull. Jumping to select the first note would help, and selecting all in zoom window would be sweet.
Im new to Maschine, so thanks for advise.

Best Answer

• deathtrapdan
    Answer ✓

ha, actually the work around solution was nested in that video after all, just in-directly.

How he is selecting notes in the section when adjusting velocities in step edit page.

you first enter step edit mode and acrothen use the 16 pad scroll knob (6) to move the white square in the left window to the section you want, and the ‘long-press’ the first pad to select the first note at that location.

Next one can return to Keyboard>Events>Select to select all the notes you want in more detail, from that starting position. Yay!

Whilst my above feature requests would be simpler, this workaround is a vast improvement.

Answers

• deathtrapdan

it would awesome if when in this view you held SHIFT:
    ALL , NONE
    buttons changed to
    ZOOMED (select all zoomed), FIRST(in zoomed)

• 6xes
    6xes Member Posts: 683 Pro

i recall seeing a great video about editing notes/events etc using the komplete keyboards…

made by Jef Gibbons… there alot of content to view on his channel

heres one that also would show you a tip or two

• D-One
    D-One Moderator Posts: 3,107 mod

That Jeff video is indeed the best I've seen on this topic, worth watching for new users.

when in Keyboard>Events view, is there a way to select all the notes in the zoomed region?

No, there is no such function.

or at least is there a way to select the first note in the zoomed section?

No, you have to turn the big knob until you select that first note, then turn the "end" knob with "select" activated.

In a long pattern, selecting events from 1:1:1 is a bit dull. Jumping to select the first note would help, and selecting all in zoom window would be sweet.

Depending on the case, on very long Patterns it might be much faster to use the Select All function first and then tweaking the Start/End.

• deathtrapdan

thank you both for your responses.

I had in fact already found/watched that video before posting my question, in my search to see how it was done, but it didn’t provide the answer, as you say it’s not possible. At least I know now it isn’t possible now, and can stop searching.

Shame to hear it’s not possible. Seems a bit pointless to be able to scroll ahead so effortlessly with the zoom controls, but not then be able to edit anything in that zoom view until I’ve then had to subsequently scroll through 200 drum notes from the beginning to ‘catch up’ with the zoom, to be able to edit anything in that view.

I’ll keep at it and hopefully this becomes less of annoyance the more I get used to it.

Cheers! Dan

• deathtrapdan

in the same vein, having a button to crop the pattern to the ‘zoomed view’ would be cool too. So as to quickly trim the pattern to the best few bars in a recorded jam, for example.

• deathtrapdan
    Answer ✓

ha, actually the work around solution was nested in that video after all, just in-directly.

How he is selecting notes in the section when adjusting velocities in step edit page.

you first enter step edit mode and acrothen use the 16 pad scroll knob (6) to move the white square in the left window to the section you want, and the ‘long-press’ the first pad to select the first note at that location.

Next one can return to Keyboard>Events>Select to select all the notes you want in more detail, from that starting position. Yay!

Whilst my above feature requests would be simpler, this workaround is a vast improvement.