pad 14 madness

Options
pawcut
pawcut Member Posts: 3 Member

ok so here is my problem , when i load a sample on pad one and duplicate it over all the 16 pads and proceed to set the start points on the particular other pads f.e. pad2 this will happen. Maschine's view will autoswitch to ( always) pad 14 ( which btw is also glowing in a brighter orange ) until i press pad 2 again . As soon as i dont press it anymore it will change the sampleedit to pad 14 again . This is since one of the last updates and i need this to stop happening cause it seriously fks up my workflow. im sure that might be pretty easy to solve and be4 i make a fool of myself and contact support maybe smone can help and point me in the right direction .

Tagged:

Best Answers

• D-One
    D-One Moderator Posts: 2,947 mod
    Answer ✓
    Options

Humm… Brighter color = actively selected Pad, It seems like Pad-14 is auto-selecting itself? Do you notice if it's also selecting itself while doing things other than duplicating?

Does decreasing the Pad Sensitivity in preferences>Hardware make any difference?

• D-One
    edited May 9 Answer ✓
    Options

No prob. Not sure if it's a good idea to put fluid in there without opening, it might cause the Pad Sensor sheet to stick to the PCB after the liquid evaporates due to surface tension and other sciency stuff I am not qualified enought to talk about. I am not even sure the fluid would reach the actual PCB because the rubber Pad's are on top of it, so you would need to use a lot and pray it goes into the right places…

If you do try then use any electronic cleaning fluid that is meant to be used to clean PCBs or use IPA / isopropyl alcohol (the purest form you can find, 99% would be ideal), rub a bit of it on the Pad rubber 1st to make sure there's no chemical reaction like melting the pads or something… Also, make sure it's turned OFF if you do it!

I am not particularly patient or careful, I've opened all models I've owned and never had a problem, it's pretty hard to mess it up but there's always a risk…. up to you.

Answers

• D-One
    Answer ✓
    Options

Humm… Brighter color = actively selected Pad, It seems like Pad-14 is auto-selecting itself? Do you notice if it's also selecting itself while doing things other than duplicating?

Does decreasing the Pad Sensitivity in preferences>Hardware make any difference?

• pawcut
    pawcut Member Posts: 3 Member
    Options

Oooo wow , i never thought about it being a hardware issue so far . Thanks for pointing me in that direction . It happens on other things than duplicating as well so a hardware issue makes perfect sense.

Ill try decrease the pad sensitity and if that doesnt help the rubber band trick u proposed in an older post .

is there something else i could do with out opening or damaging the maschine. Like take some cleaning fluid and wobble that around into the pads depth ?

anyways , thanks , that was a big help

• D-One
    edited May 9 Answer ✓
    Options

No prob. Not sure if it's a good idea to put fluid in there without opening, it might cause the Pad Sensor sheet to stick to the PCB after the liquid evaporates due to surface tension and other sciency stuff I am not qualified enought to talk about. I am not even sure the fluid would reach the actual PCB because the rubber Pad's are on top of it, so you would need to use a lot and pray it goes into the right places…

If you do try then use any electronic cleaning fluid that is meant to be used to clean PCBs or use IPA / isopropyl alcohol (the purest form you can find, 99% would be ideal), rub a bit of it on the Pad rubber 1st to make sure there's no chemical reaction like melting the pads or something… Also, make sure it's turned OFF if you do it!

I am not particularly patient or careful, I've opened all models I've owned and never had a problem, it's pretty hard to mess it up but there's always a risk…. up to you.