Difference between S88 Mk2 from 2018 and 2020

Options
Clare H
Clare H Member Posts: 5 Newcomer

Is there any difference between the same keyboard from 2018 or 2020 regarding software compatibility with Kontakt or anything else?

Also does the keyboard function as a workstation for other sound sources (e.g. Opus, Spitfire)?

Thanks!

Tagged:

Best Answer

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,965 mod
    Answer ✓
    Options

@Clare H So if they're all MK2 keyboards, there are no differences between them and have the same functionalities.

Answers

• Jeremy_NI
    Options

@Clare H I'm not sure what you mean here, do you mean differences between a mk1 and a mk2? The MK2 were released in October 2017. It's more the version that matters than the year it was produced.

• Clare H
    Options

Hi @Jeremy_NI - there's a Mk2 for sale that says it was released in 2018. This is quite rare compared to me seeing lots of keyboards for sale (also Mk2) that say they were released in 2020. I am just wondering if there were any iterations that are in any way different (more modern) in workstations that were for sale in 2018 vs 2020. Both are 2020. It's more of a software question, I imagine, and might be a redundant concern on my part. Thanks for your answer.

• Clare H
    Options

that should read 'both are Mk2' (not 'both are 2020').

• Jeremy_NI
    Answer ✓
    Options

@Clare H So if they're all MK2 keyboards, there are no differences between them and have the same functionalities.