Sound preset in Irish Harp and East Asia

Options
Anthony H
Anthony H Member Posts: 34 Member

Hi

I notice that Irish Harp and East Asia libraries both have the same GUI. In both of the instruments there is a 'sound preset' section in the top right which should jump between different mixer configs. This isn't working in either library for me - switching presets just changes the name, and doesn't affect any parameters. Running on Kontakt 7.8.1. Not sure if there are other instruments with the same interface & problem, I'm just using these 2 at the moment.

Anyone else experiencing this?

Thanks

Tagged:

Answers

• Nicki_NI
    Nicki_NI Product Team Posts: 33 mod
    Options

The Sound Preset menu affects mixer parameters only, i.e. not the controls on the main page.

Are you experiencing no change in sound when changing the presets?

• Nicki_NI
    Options

You can also check if all files have been installed correctly:

• Anthony H
    Options

Yes, I understand that the sound presets are only mixer parameter settings. The files are indeed installed in the library folder as in your image.

When choosing an instrument, for example "Guqin - Air Mood", the Sound Preset name changes to "Modern" and mix parameters are changed (along with other relevant changes to scale, keymapping, etc.). Selecting "Guqin - Anjing De" changes the Sound Preset to "Ambient" and mix parameters change. HOWEVER, once any of the instruments is loaded, the mix parameters do not change at all when choosing different Sound Presets. One is able to switch between the different Preset names (Modern, Vintage, Hyped, Mono, Init etc.) but there is no change actually implemented to mix parameters (even though I note there are nka files for all these mix presets in the Guqin folder). Guqin or "Guqin Default" both load the Classic preset, and not Init as might be expected. The same behaviour is experienced in Irish Harp.

• Anthony H
    Options

Am I misunderstanding something about the way these presets work? It would be strange to me if there are preset files for every instrument but only some of these were active, and once active couldn't be switched…

• Nicki_NI
    edited May 13
    Options

The mix parameters should of course change when choosing a different sound preset (and they do), so it seems something went wrong with your installation perhaps.

When changing sound presets, is there any message popping up in KONTAKT's status bar in the lower left corner of the application window?

• Anthony H
    Options

There are indeed messages popping up in the lower left when the mouse cursor hovers over the sound preset section - basically just descriptors eg "Previous Sound Preset - loads the previous sound preset in the menu" when over the < arrow.

• Nicki_NI
    Options

That's the info pane, I meant the area below that (see attached screenshot). Upon loading a mixer preset, there should not be any warning popping up, otherwise there's an installation or path problem.

• Anthony H
    Options

Ah I see - I was in Single View. Now that I open to Rack View, with the Side Pane, I am seeing that error as in your screen grab: "Mixer Preset not found!"

Yet, we checked the paths at the beginning of this thread and the preset files are there? And the Sound Preset does change with loading a snapshot (eg Guqin - Anjing De loads the Ambient Sound Present)?

• Nicki_NI
    Options

The file structure looks correct, which means the path to the library folder itself must be broken. You could try and reinstall the library. If this doesn't fix the issue, please get in touch with our support team, they'll be able to help you out.

• Anthony H
    Options

I reinstalled the East Asia library with Native Access - it hasn't fixed the problem. Will have to get hold of support.