Traktor Kontrol S2 Mk3 not working with Traktor DJ 2

Options
Cedfromsavoy
Cedfromsavoy Member Posts: 2 Newcomer

Hello, I have bought recently a Traktor Kontrol S2 Mk3. After updating my computer to windows 10 and using Native Access 1.14.1 as I was definitely unable to make Native Access 2 work, I managed to download and install Traktor Dj 2.

However I can't make the controller work with it. When i plug the usb of the controller in the pc, the lights turn on for a few seconds, then off. The controller does nothing and has no light on when running traktor dj 2. I downloaded and installed Kontroller editor 2.8.2, Traktor_Kontrol_S2_MK3_ASIO_520_PC and TKS2MK3_FWUpdater_140_Win which I all found on the drivers page of the native instruments website. Opening "services" on windows does not indicate anything is wrong with the controller. When running the task manager, in the services tab, NiHardwareService is stopped. When I right click and select "Run", i receive an error message saying "Le service n'a pas répondu assez vite à la demande de lancement ou de contrôle" (which seems to be "the service did not respond to the start or control request in a timely fashion" in english)
How could I resolve my problem and make the controller recognized by Traktor DJ 2 ? I tested the controller at someone's house on his computer which had Traktor DJ 2 on it, everything worked fine, so the controller isn't broken.

Tagged:

Comments

• Cedfromsavoy
    Cedfromsavoy Member Posts: 2 Newcomer
    Options

Edit : Traktor DJ2 does recognize that the Kontrol S2 Mk3 is connected, and sound does come out when i plug the headphones in the "phones out" port of the controller. But the buttons, etc, on the surface of the controller do not interact with the software.

• huettenwirt
    huettenwirt Member Posts: 1 Newcomer
    Options

Exactly the same behaviour here.

Only difference: I don't see the native services. They seem to get not installed by the driver. The device is up and running in the device manager, but the S2 MK3 is not properly recognized by Traktor...

Any help on that is highly appreciated!