Please NI - give us an email address where we can get support from a real person.

Markus_S
Markus_S Member Posts: 1 Newcomer
edited May 2022 in Komplete General

I'm a little bit in disbelieve, I love NI products and have many of them and will still get more. But when I tried to buy an Update for Komplete on the website my VAT number wasn't taken into account, so I thought, no problem, I'M JUST GONNA DROP AN EMAIL TO SUPPORT.

Well, easier said than done, it takes me to endless menus switching in language (and I tried several of them) and in the end to a page "This page is not available".

No Email, no chat, no phone number, no way to contact a real person.

So I went over to Thomann and ordered the Komplete update with no incident.

Please NI don't give us this neglected customer support like huge corporate firms that will avoid at any price to communicate directly with their customers. Give us a person we can talk to - an easy-to-find email address, phone number & chat.

Love your products, keep it up!

Best Answer

Answers

• Kubrak
    Kubrak Member Posts: 2,772 Expert

If you open Ticket you comunicate with real person. At least, it was like that in past. But it takes day, two, three.

And sometimes I had the feeling that the person did not read carefully. Probably reading too fast. So, it seems to me, writting very short and condensed description works best.

Live Chat used to work fine for more complicated things, but I am not sure if it still works.

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,295 mod
    edited July 2023 Answer ✓

Not sure what happened here, we have a dedicated support section with typeforms where you can always submit a request, I've just checked now and it's totally working, in both french and english. There is even an article explaining how it works: How to Contact NI Support

Here is the link to our support section: https://support.native-instruments.com/hc/en-us

• iam1788
    iam1788 Member Posts: 1 Member

I am having similar problems. After reporting a distortion problem (Support ticket 2912309) using the new update 6.7.1 in Kontakt 6 I received an email requesting me to create snapshot of my system in a file called “NI_support_Info.zip”. This file is 31.5 MB.

I tried to send this on an isp linked to my account but they only allowed 10mb.

I then tried to send the file on my hotmail account (Support ticket (2912060) but they said I couldn't reply to the Zendesk email platform used by NI.

When I asked how to get the requested file to NI I got a reply saying that I couldn't reply to this email address.

All emails (including the one saying I couldn't reply to this address) had the message:

##- Please type your reply above this line -## above the text.

Now I have two support tickets open which I know is wasting both NI and my time.

NI are probably waiting for the requested file before continuing with my support ...... only I can't get it to them. It does seem like a standard reply which is impossible to fulfil.

I have watched all the support videos for an answer. I have also looked for my support tickets in My Account but can't find them.

In the Kontakt forum threads a solution was to re-install Kontakt. I have tried to do this three times with varying degrees of success.

I have been using Kontakt for sixteen years and never had this problem before

So, unfortunately, I agree that the NI support system is very inefficient and I cannot get any help either.

• Jeremy_NI
    edited June 2022

Hey @iam1788 About your request 2912060, my colleague got back to you on June 8th and got no reply from you. If you haven't seen that answer yet, I would recommend checking your inbox, inbox filters and spam folders and get back to him.

• shaliss
    shaliss Member Posts: 1 Newcomer
    How do I buy original spare parts trakto s4 mk3 potentiometers???
    I am from Central America PANAMA

• Jeremy_NI

@shaliss you should get in touch with our hardware department: https://bit.ly/NISupport_Hardware

• aidenstunes
    aidenstunes Member Posts: 163 Advisor

Hi Jeremy,

I am trying to contact the Soundwide partners, NI and iZotope both during the last week. Both of you have disabled the option to send facebook messages, you have also disabled the live chat support. And the waiting time for a ticket reply have been expanded from a few hours to - well, never. I haven't got a reply from NI or iZotope and I cannot reach out to a real person. Do you by any chance know what's going on? As far as I am concerned and excuse me if I am wrong, as I am not sure what's going on inside the US or EU - There are no holidays or any special events right now. Even during the black November deals I could reach out to any company related to Soundwide within a few hours, sometimes even instantly by using a chat feature.

The customer care is experiencing a serious downgrade lately.

• Matt_NI
    Matt_NI Administrator Posts: 1,105 admin

Jumping here as I might have a bit more insights than Jeremy on this one. The teams both in support are still handing the incoming requests and there is still a real person if you are sending us a ticket. It is true that we've had to re-center everything around our contact forms and are aligning the iZo / NI team together, which is maybe why things take a bit more time than usual. The support teams are not responsible for what's happening on the social side and unfortunately, we're also moving to other places than Facebook. You can still DM us on Instagram.

I see you sent us four requests recently and I can assure you we will be in touch as soon as possible.

With that said, I'd love to share your feedback to our team and for context, I would like to understand what is your biggest issue right now - the waiting time, the channels you can use to contact us or more generally disappointment towards the product you are buying (also judging at the request you sent us lately) ?

• aidenstunes

Dear Matt,

for some reason I saw your response only now. Thanks for the kind reply. I'd say that contacting you by using a live chat is a must-have feature. Your products are expensive and sometimes complex. People need 24/7 support all around the globe and getting stuck due to a bug or a flaw or any concern is just frustrating and unacceptable. I have recently tried to contact the support team and I don't get a delayed reply - I just don't get a reply at all. By the way, I apologize if these were 4 different requests that I have sent, I guess it was urgent but I cannot even remember as new problems with Kontakt have already popped up.

If NI and iZotope would both be able to gradually offer immediate support by using a live chat and improving the Emails response time, this would be appreciated, and it's actually expected and should be obvious at this part. You have got plenty of customer and plenty of products, I see many threads in the NI community that get no reply at all sometimes. We need you guys.

• Matt_NI
    Matt_NI Administrator Posts: 1,105 admin
    edited February 2023

@aidenstunes I know you really want a 24/7 chat feature but it just not possible. Our support decided to set everything up via email and they usually have a turn around time of 48-72h. This is definitely something we'd hope to get faster at (actually the large majority of last year we had a reply time below 24h) but that is the expectation atm.

On a personal note, I know pretty well how technical support works at NI and I honestly believe live chat is not a great tool for the types of issues we face in our world. It might be relevant for other areas like account but for bug reports / technical issues / set-up questions ... it would just be unmanageable for the volume we have.

• aidenstunes

Thanks for the honest response my friend. Would please be willing to take a look on my latest thread? I didn't get a response over there.. And I am stuck with a major issue while trying to create a few projects.

• YRohatiner
    YRohatiner Member Posts: 3 Newcomer

I am in desperate need of support from NI and they aren't answering! My production work for clients is backed up because of this. I opened a support ticket a few days ago, but nothing.

• Jeremy_NI

Hey @YRohatiner You submitted your request on Monday at 16:48. We're in the middle of a sales special so they have a lot of requests to process, but do not worry my colleagues will get back to you soon.

• YRohatiner
    YRohatiner Member Posts: 3 Newcomer

Thanks for getting back! Hope they do

• OSKAR97
    OSKAR97 Member Posts: 3 Newcomer

I need to talk to someone about resetting registration codes and permissions to use my hardware?