Traktor Pro 2.11.3 17 doesn't recognize X1 MK1 anymore, MBP El Capitan OS 10.11.6

Options
cocodrillo3000
cocodrillo3000 Member Posts: 3 Newcomer

Hi Everyone,

I am devasteted as cannot seem to get my perfect system to run again. I don't recall having made changes that it stopped working but at some point my controller Traktor X1 MK1 was not recognized. I recognized it when I started to "Recalibrate", it said: No mapped controllers available. Meanwhile I am using Traktor Pro 2 with the keyboard but I would love to play with the controller again. I downloaded the driver from Native Instruments Download space X1 MK1 Driver 2.8.0 for OS 10.11 and the installation said it was Ok installed. After the restart still no sign of recognition. I've been using this for 10 y without heavy problems, now I worry about how get around again.

Mac System says at Hardware / USB / Traktor X1 is there (but it also says so, when it is not connected. Also I have 2 X1 MK1 (one as a backup) and seem to have the problem with both.

When I plug them in via USB (Mac Book Pro A1278 Late 2011) the lights run through the device so it seems to me it is conncted (at least for a short time) but the Controller Manager does not show a Traktor X1 Controller device.

Is there anyone who can give me step by step advice how to fix this again?

It should still work although it is not supported anymore, right?

Thank you for reading,

Chris

Comments

• cocodrillo3000
    cocodrillo3000 Member Posts: 3 Newcomer
    Options

Also: Controller Editor does not seem to work with my OS. 1 X1 Controller is registered at my NI registration, in the Native Access Tool I didn't get any of them to appear because I do not have 5x5 digits Code only the SN on the back of the gear. I bought them both 2nd hand. They both have worked fine for more than 5 y, also tried different USB cables. Now I hope to have mentioned everything.

• Stevan
    Stevan Traktor Mapping Mod Posts: 1,731 mod
    Options
    1. Create a new midi config on your mac —> midi studio app.
    2. Install High Sierra OS, I remember skipping the El Capitan since there was issues with Traktor at that time.