loud clicking in some Noire samples and not others

Options
Cosmo Supatrain
Cosmo Supatrain Member Posts: 5 Member

There is a very particular CLICK on the attack of some higher notes that
cannot be lessened with lower velocity or with any of the controls in
the plugin UI. It is not mechanical or pedal noise or particles. Any tips? (see Noir
Vibrant Felt ~ F#5)

Here is an example, especially in the second half (sustain pedal is turned off so you can hear the clicking better)

Tagged:

Best Answer

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,965 mod
    Answer ✓
    Options

Noire comprises two distinct incarnations of the same piano as two NKI instruments; Noire Pure and Noire Felt. The Pure version, as its name suggests, was sampled au naturel, whilst the Felt version has a layer of felt placed between the hammers and strings, producing a soft, intimate sound. The click sound you mention is probably a side effect of that, you might want to use the Pure instrument instead if that's a problem for you.

Answers

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,965 mod
    Answer ✓
    Options

Noire comprises two distinct incarnations of the same piano as two NKI instruments; Noire Pure and Noire Felt. The Pure version, as its name suggests, was sampled au naturel, whilst the Felt version has a layer of felt placed between the hammers and strings, producing a soft, intimate sound. The click sound you mention is probably a side effect of that, you might want to use the Pure instrument instead if that's a problem for you.

• Cosmo Supatrain
    Cosmo Supatrain Member Posts: 5 Member
    Options

Thank you! I am going to try that next

Another question: with Una Corda I was able to turn off the piano notes in order to have just the noises on i'ts own separate track. I cannot find a way to solo just the pedal/mechanical/pianist noises with Noire.