Updated to Kontakt 7.9.0 two months ago now lags whenever dealing with Kontakt instruments

Options
whyarewestillhere
whyarewestillhere Member Posts: 1 Newcomer

Hi everyone,

At about the beginning of March, Native Access was asking if I wanted to updated Kontakt and Native Access itself, and I (stupidly) said okay.

I use Logic and ever since then, projects would take like 5-10 minutes to load now, and when I open Kontakt (IF it doesn't freeze when I open it...) the simplest things will (RANDOMLY) make Logic/Kontakt freeze, like literally just scrolling past a certain instrument I have in the rack, minimizing an instrument, or going to the wrench button and editing the sample library (something as simple as clicking a random thing like "script editor").

Another issue that might be worth noting is that now it'll take like 10 minutes to change Logic's audio input when it used to be like 10 seconds. Not sure what gives.

Specs info:

• I have 80GB free on the Macbook
  • libraries are saved on my HDD (SSD is better I know but this was not a problem until the update!)
  • projects are saved on my Macbook hard drive

I've seen some kind of similar issues across the internet but unfortunately haven't found a solution that works for my situation. Thanks in advance for your time and help!

Answers

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,797 mod
    Options

If you open Kontakt in standalone, is everything functional?

This happens with any kind of projects? Started on this computer or on an older one (with Intel chip)?

What's the format of this HDD where the libraries are installed? It should be APFS, as explained here: Notes on Hard Drive Formats on Mac Computers