Native Access slow to open & can't select install All updates

Options
2»

Comments

• Calagan
    Calagan Member Posts: 169 Advisor
    Options

I’m a bit amazed by these condescending posts : I mean, it’s not up to the user to understand why the tools he uses are broken and behave strangely under conditions the NI doesn’t even understand, when it seems user uses them legitimately.

Just a little exemple : last November, a minor Monterey update bricked my laptop. I discovered that the cause was I changed the default settings of Promotion to a fixed 60hz rate.

Am I to blame as a user ? Or is it an Apple issue ?

The answer doesn’t need a degree in philosophy I think…

The NI issues are exactly the same : it’s not up to the users to figure out why NA doesn’t work when everything else is working perfectly.

The forums are filled with NI problems. Do you read anything similar with any other dev ? I’ve got hundreds of plugins installed on my machine, and I don’t have problems with none except some Plugin Alliance stuff (Francisco Partners also, by the way).

P.S. : And I must say I don’t have a lot of issues, except the K7 stupid load times and some littles glitches, because I didn’t update anything NI related since ages. I’m even still using NA1 and it works perfectly on my Apple Silicon machine running Sonoma (especially that I never update anything in fear of living in this Ni nightmare). I use my laptop on stage, so I need professional tools I can rely on. I can’t rely on NI at the moment… This a NI problem. Nobody should risk anything when updating a NI product if they were true pro tools…