Maschine+ for guitar players

Wilmar Boer
Wilmar Boer Member Posts: 62 Helper
edited May 2022 in Maschine

Imagine Maschine+ supporting Guitar Rig. That would instantly make it the most flexible and creatively different than mainstream Guitar FX processor. Image what you can do with a midi pedalboard on the ground and Maschine+ with Guitarrig on a little stand in a live situation. Having an FX chain per pad would make me tab a pad per song to switch sounds between songs while using the midi-pedalboard as a controller within a pad to switch FX in and out of the FX chain. All without using a computer! And 8 rotary's per FX to edit the different FX parameters without having to bend over. Running backing tracks in another group is a piece of cake. Running a clicktrack to the drummer is possible. Adding a second audio interface would make it possible to run vocal mic's and mix them live etc... Please Native Instruments!

Megabonus would be that Maschine starts using the right screen for proper GFX display like EQ curves, compressor charts, reverb tales (RC24/RC48), instead of showing a big name of what you already know from the left screen. Now that would be amazing.

I'm on Maschine mk3 now, but will switch to Plus as soon as Guitar Rig runs on it.

Comments

• ozon
    ozon Member Posts: 1,352 Expert

And it would probably be the only guitar processor ever which has the capability to crash out of the blue.

😜

Sorry, had to. Love my Plus!

And you’re completely right: It would be pretty crazy amazing.

• RedwardMc
    RedwardMc Member Posts: 84 Advisor

Yes but they need a tuner, and they dropped support for rig kontrol which is a shame

• D-One
    D-One Moderator Posts: 2,879 mod
    edited July 2022

Those are some really high expectations... I think chances are if GR6 could run smoothly on the M+ it would already be there. Certainly, they are aware some people want that. (As others want it t be a vocal recording box with auto-tune or a loop station-like box amongst other stuff)

It wouldn't need just a Tuner.... IMO Maschine would 1st need lot's of small things people been asking for ages like setting different BPMs per Section/Scene otherwise how would your backing track with a click even work in a Live scenario? Using a Knob to rotate the BPM in between songs? Ouch... And what about different time signatures? Personally, I don't need this kind of stuff much but I imagine a Guitar player using a do-it-all-box live does.

• olafmol
    olafmol Member Posts: 134 Pro

If I see how much CPU load GR uses, I thing the atom processor on the M+ will struggle with all but the very simplest GR presets.

• General_Tso
    General_Tso Member Posts: 2 Member

You can just run a tuner pedal before the input into Maschine Plus. There is no need for an onboard tuner.