Questions about Traktor S3 versus S4 MKII

Options
Kreator
Kreator Member Posts: 2 Newcomer

Hello there. I bought a Traktor S3. I used to work with S4 MKII before so I have some questions for my new controller:

Using the preview button (top right) lets me prelisten a song WHILE holding the button. The S4 MKII starts playing the whole song. So how can I change the setting that it starts playing the song in the preview player, not only while I hold the button.

Second thing is changing beatgrids. With my S4 MKII I could use the shift button while playing the song to re-set the beatgrids (it's like the tap button under each deck in the grid-area). This doesn't work with my s3. How can I change this?

Last thing is the in-/out-looping. My S4 MKII has those buttons, S3 does't. There are also in/out-buttons in the programm under each deck. Is it possible to have those in/out-buttons on my s3?

Thanks a lot. Maybe these won't be my last questions.

Tagged:

Answers

• Sûlherokhh
    Sûlherokhh Member, Traktor Mapping Mod Posts: 1,810 mod
    Options

You may want to check out @pixel's MOD work on the s3.

HERE (for the description) and HERE (for the current version of the MOD).

I'm sure if you ask him, he'll plug in the TAP function for the SHIFT buttons as well.

• Kreator
    Kreator Member Posts: 2 Newcomer
    Options

Thanks! So the functions I look for aren't linked with the S3 controller regularly so I definitely need a new MOD?

• Sûlherokhh
    Sûlherokhh Member, Traktor Mapping Mod Posts: 1,810 mod
    edited April 10
    Options

Right. But they can be inserted via qml modding or via overmapping. Since the jogwheel functions can only be assigned by adjusting the qml files of the s3, @pixel and i worked on the code. I don't own an s3 so he's doing the testing. Some of the code is from my S4MK3 qml-MOD, some his own. In the very first post of page 1 of the linked thread are the instructions for installing a qml-MOD.

As mentionen above, you won't need a qml-MOD to incorporate the functions you want. But unless you have some experience using the overmapping capabilities of the controller manager, it is a lot more initial work than just installing the MOD.