Kontrol S61 Mk3 stuck on serial number screen

Options
Jalu-sr
Jalu-sr Member Posts: 2 Newcomer

Hello to whoever is reading this,

I got my Kontrol S61 Mk3 Keyboard 5 days ago and I am really frustrated, because I can't get it to fully work on my PC. Here's what i tried the last couple days:

First I connected the keyboard to my Windows PC with the NI USB-C Cable. Luckily i have a USB C port, which was not in use, but it seemed like with that cable my PC doesn't recognize the Keyboard at all... meaning that i can't find it in the Device-Manager and the firmware Updater isn't able to detect it either. I have installed the Hardware Connection Service and registered it in Native Access. Windows is also on the newest version.

I then tried to connect the Keyboard to my Windows Laptop (with the NI cable), which actually worked just fine! I was able to update the firmware of the keyboard, integrate Ableton Live, Komplete Kontrol and Kontakt. I then tried different ways of connecting the keyboard to my PC again. And many methods worked in the sense that the PC recognized the keyboard. I was able to find it in the Device-Manager and the firmware updater said that I have the newest version installed (because i did the update on the laptop). However, Komplete Kontrol and Kontakt don't recognize the Keyboard. When opened the Keyboard just shows the default Midi screen. The Integration with Ableton worked fine actually ...

I tried different USB-C cables, USB-C to USB A cables with an additional USB-C power supply (Nintendo Switch PSU) and I even tried the cables with USB-A to USB-C and USB-C to USB-A adapters on almost every single port on my PC. I also tried a USB-C Hub, which i got just yesterday. The Hub seems to solve the connection problem with the NI cable, but still no integration with Komplete Kontrol and Kontakt. I went through every troubleshooting guide i could find, but nothing helped.

I then tried resetting the Keyboard which leads me to the problem i have now. I am stuck on the serial Number Screen, even after registering it. Plugging it into my laptop solves the issue, but when i plug it back into the PC i still can't get it to work with Komplete Kontrol and Kontakt. So it seems like the Native Instruments Software doesn't really detect the Keyboard, when plugged into my PC and without my Laptop the Keyboard would still be stuck on the serial number screen..

Comments