Kontakt 7, v7.9.0 breaks Sonoma VST3 Native support

Options
coleboia
coleboia Member Posts: 4 Newcomer

Ironically this supposedly adds Sonoma functionality. But I've had an M3 with Sonoma since October and have had no issues with Kontakt 7 running natively.
Today I upgraded and now it won't even scan in on Ableton 12. It's just not there. It's there on Ableton 11 but cannot be opened.
When I switch to Rosetta, which again I have NOT had to do, it shows back up, but now my sessions run like garbage.
I'm unsure which version I had before this, I don' think I'd updated in a few months unfortunately. Please post the last few Mac versions and I can let you know when it breaks!

- C

Tagged:

Comments

• coleboia
    Options

Downgrading to 7.6.0 allows me to open again on Sonoma using this forum link:

I'd like to get 7.7 and 7.8 to see if they work as well. Thanks!

• coleboia
    Options

Of course, but now Amati Viola (I believe) and some other plugs won't show up because they need a future version of the application. UNREAL.

• coleboia
    Options

I just updated again through Native Access, and now everything works.

LOSING MY MIND. Unsure what this accomplished. Perhaps I just needed to delete the vst3 and re-update from the beginning, but I'm 90% I tried that.
    So to anyone else that has this issue, delete the vst3, install an old version, open that in Ableton live, then update again through Native Access. That's the best I got for you.

• Kaiwan_NI
    Kaiwan_NI Administrator Posts: 2,603 admin
    Options

Sorry for the trouble @coleboia and thanks for sharing the solution.

I'll be sure to pass on your workaround to the team.