Options
2»

Comments

• ozon
    ozon Member Posts: 1,364 Expert
    edited April 12
    Options

Answering my own question:

It's not possible to save user content to a USB drive connected to the Maschine Plus, because M+ does not offer a choice for a location in the Save As process.

For test purposes, I loaded a brand new USB stick (formatted as ExFAT) on the computer, and created a directory "NI User" containing a directory "Maschine 2" containing the sub directories Groups, Projects and Sounds. Then I copied a single Project, Group and Sound named "_usb stick test project 01", "_usb stick test group 01" and "_usb stick test sound 01" to these directories. After connecting the USB stick to the M+, a dialogue popped up to add a new user location. I added the top level directory "NI User" as a new user location. After the Rescan finished, the "_usb stick test project 01", "_usb stick test group 01" and "_usb stick test sound 01" appeared in the Browser under USER in the respective PROJECTS, GROUPS and SOUNDS categories.

However, the Browser started to behave odd after loading the "_usb stick test project 01" project from that location. When holding SHIFT, the display on the right screen showed EMPTY as label for the buttons 5/6 (as usual) with an active button 5 and allowed to navigate to REVERB, META VERB and BEAT DELAY. Which didn't make any difference to the browser content. This is shown regardless of the selected content category, and doesn't make any sense. Additionally, the browser did sometimes not show freshly saved content. When checking Settings -> Library, the RESCAN button was greyed out, and the rescan progress indicator kept circling until I restarted the M+.

• Psyearth5
    Psyearth5 Member Posts: 183 Helper
    Options

We are thinking about the same thing just different words .