loosing progres on

Options
DJ PM
DJ PM Member Posts: 1 Newcomer

Hi, i just bought the traktor pro 3 for using it to play my music collection and mix a bit.

So i pulled all my tracks into track collection, analyzed them all and started editing the tag files for each mp3 (to get a consistant layout of artist title and year) i have and if i didn't have the cover art i would look it up and import it into traktor in the file.

The load on my pc is managable no other programs are working when i use traktor except a browser to look up cover art.

However, I have noticed that the program sometimes just auto shuts down after some time (even when it has to analyze a batch of files) and all my progress in that session seems lost when i reopen TP3.. (analyzing, edited tags, cover art mising again,...)

I even see this if i close the program myself and it says it saved the collection… All my mp3 files are checked with mp3val to see if they are corrupted and if so are fixed by this program, so i cannot be my mp3 files, that causes an auto shut down...

The manual says it adds the cover art in the mp3 file so you dont have to keep it on your pc.

Update: if i open the tag window and press apply again it somehow show the changes i made before. Is this normal or bug? What am i doing wrong for it to the display my changes immediately? Since i have to do around a 100GB i dont want to loose progress over and over over press apply on all my files every time i open TP3…

Comments

• lord-carlos
    lord-carlos Member Posts: 2,422 Expert
    Options

For Traktor to re-read the id3tags from the files you have to run a consitency check. Right click on your collection. But it should not crash. You can also once in a while right click the upper most collection node and press save collection.

But mate, editing tags with Traktor itself is tedious :S The collection browser is .. shudder

For bulk editing I use OneTagger. But a lot of people are also fan of mp3tag