M+ How to save a user loop?

TimWojt
TimWojt Member Posts: 7 Newcomer
edited 10:52AM in Maschine

Hello! I have a simple question, but I can't seem to find an answer to it: How to save a user loop in Maschine plus?

Let's say I installed a synthesizer and recorded a bass line, and it turned out to be a beautiful loop. How to save it in the user folder as an audio loop?

Next time just load it as a regular loop from expansion? With the ability to automatically adjust the speed and all that?

Maybe there is some kind of training video that I haven't gotten to?

Answers

• ozon
    ozon Member Posts: 1,646 Expert
    edited March 31

Please refer to the M+ Manual chapter 18.2.5. Arming, Starting, and Stopping the Recording and use Loop Mode to record your Pattern into a Sample.

If you want more control over your Sample and turn it into a Loop, you have to use Maschine on the computer. Also you would probably want to name and place that Loop somewhere in the User Content directory.

• D-One
    D-One Moderator Posts: 3,252 mod
    edited April 2

Let's say I installed a synthesizer and recorded a bass line, and it turned out to be a beautiful loop. How to save it in the user folder as an audio loop?

Use the Export Feature.

1. FILE>Export Audio, select the "Sound" and any other options you might want.
    2. Rescan and in the USER Loop browser select Maschine 2, (use the 3rd knob select "Exports" if you want to further refine search) and your Loop will be there, it should load directly into an Audio-Plug.

Naming will suck tho, as does file management generally.... it uses a "Scene - Group - Pad" scheme to name the Audio file (001 Scene 1 - Group A1 - PadName.wav lol), the only way to change the name is to load it on an Audio-Plug, go to Sampling and hold shift to Rename, but you better do it right after exporting, if you change it later and a project already uses it you will end up with a missing sample...

Alternatively, you can just save the Group, it can recall the instrument, fx and Pattern/MIDI Data, but this will only be practical if you use one instrument per Group.

• ozon
    ozon Member Posts: 1,646 Expert
    edited April 3

@D-One wrote

Use the Export Feature.

Hilarious! I didn’t know this works for single Patterns / Sounds as well. And with Loop mode it creates a perfect loop with reverb tails folded back into the start of the loop.

I rarely need this, but it’s great to know.

the only way to change the name is to load it on an Audio-Plug, go to Sampling and hold shift to Rename

Wow, crazy, I would never have found that if I didn’t know where to look for it.

Thank you.

• D-One
    D-One Moderator Posts: 3,252 mod

No problem.

There's other ways too like just naming an empty pad, using re-sampling into an Audio Loop then saving it "With Samples" option turned on, the named audio ends up in the /Recordings folder (and Bowser Bank) but you get the extra "Sound" that you then have to delete in the Browser.

This discussion has been closed.