Maschine+ & MC-101 together

2»

Comments

• djadidai
    djadidai Member Posts: 462 Pro

Ok, so I go to utility menu and switch back and forth between generic and vendor, then I restart the whole unit by turning it off and on again. What will that do? And how is everything connected then? And what settings? Audio cable between L/mono from 707 to input 1R on M+? And then select a pad and change audio source to input 1R? And usb between 707-m+? Or what? Or won’t I need the audio cable between them? Or why use the 707 as audio interface? Don’t quite get it as you can see haha

• Andy Wt
    Andy Wt Member Posts: 103 Advisor

Alternatively you can select any empty pad on M+, go to CHANNEL, Input and set Audio Source to 'In 1 L+R'. Then set appropriate level for this pad in the mixer and after that you always have sound from MC without need to go to sampling page. And you can also add processing to incoming sound either at pad level and/or route it to other pads.

• Rico010
    Rico010 Member Posts: 120 Advisor

707 is a bigger and better device from connections and controls point of view (than 101). Let me describe how I connect 101 and you make the decision regarding 707.

first, the driver. I think it was a bug on 101. It was Generic from the factory, but dod not work. When I switched it to Vendor and back to Generic I started to see the 2 in 2 out working (101 as audio interface in M+ setting). But then, I prefer to use M+ internal audio for easier connection.

now, connections:

1. USB between M+ and 101 (power by USB)
    2. USB between M+ and midi keyboard (Launchkey Mini Mk3 for me)
    3. Audio from 101 line out to M+ line in (two cables for stereo)
    4. M+ line out to speakers

Midi settings on M+ are pretty standard, you may need to play with these per taste. Audio interface is internal.

Does this info help?

• Rico010
    Rico010 Member Posts: 120 Advisor

Yeah, already tried this as well. This is going to be my preferred option because Line out from 101 is lower, and this helps to get a boost in M+ mixer.

This discussion has been closed.