Can you bulk Batch Re-save libraries? It is good to do so after relocating?

Options
LPKEYS
LPKEYS Member Posts: 9 Newcomer

I understand that you're supposed to do a Batch Re-save when you move a library. If I move 69 libraries from my Mac HD to join the other 230 or so on my external SSD, there's no way that I know of to select just the relocated ones for Batch Re-save.

I tried to Batch Re-save 130 libraries when I had a computer problem. It took 4 days and then aborted the process due to an error. ugh.

Any advice on how to best manage this?

Answers

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,797 mod
    Options

@LPKEYS There's no need to batch resave a library if you move libraries. You should only relocate the files with Native Access, then open Kontakt in standalone.

• LPKEYS
    Options

Thanks for the response.

PLEASE, let me know if there is a Batch Relocate button that will be added to Kontakt. I need it so badly…!

I have about 69 libraries on my internal drive that I want to move to my external SSD. I don't want to get into .plist editing. There are too many places that Kontakt has its tentacles into.

Thanks,

Linda Palm

Circle Dot Studio

• Jeremy_NI
    Options

@LPKEYS Well, I've already answered the question. You only have to use the relocate all in Native Access.

• LPKEYS
    Options

I need to be able to Choose which libraries to move - only 69 will fit on the 16TB SSD. Some need to remain on the mac pro. Sorry I didn't make that clear.

I believe that currently I would have to relocate one at a time.

Yes, I received your answer about Batch Re-saving.

LD Palm

• Jeremy_NI
    Options

@LPKEYS Thanks for the clarification, yes indeed, you'll need to do it one by one.

• LPKEYS
    Options

Please make a suggestion to development that an option be added to Select specific multiple libraries to be moved - not just Relocate All, or One by One....

Many reasons exist for this to be important to many musicians and composers.

Thanks,

LD Palm

Circle Dot Studio

• BIF
    BIF Member Posts: 611 Pro
    Options

Moving libraries is not something you'd be doing over and over and over again, unless you were poor at planning your disk usage.

There are a lot of other things needing fixing in Native Access. Things with a higher priority, such as the spinning circle of doom that happens for some people after an NA update.