connecting Maschine with Traktor (audio) syncing and live looping inside the Maschine

Options
filip pietrzykowski
filip pietrzykowski Member Posts: 45 Helper

Should start with info that it's all done on one laptop, but 2 audio interfaces.

In a case you have another computer running Traktor, you just route audio outs to Maschine's ins for sampling, simple as that. With only one computer it is more complicated, as Traktor is not vst compatible.

NI should produce a free bridge-like plugin to connect Traktor with VST compatible host. It is in the end same company...

Anyway, if you have another audio interface, you just run Traktor an Maschine parallel/separately on ASIO drivers and separate audio interfaces. Than, you route Traktor's out to the Maschine via cables.

....but what if there is no more audio input on your Maschine?...and we do know there are only 4 stereo inputs....not so much for nowadays standards, and if you have several hardware instruments, I presume all inputs on the Maschine are busy...

...not to mention there is several a/d/a conversions back and forth, not necessary for keeping audio quality.

I have found a way to connect Traktor's audio output to the Maschine and sample/loop live without a hassle of analog cables.

So everything is done 'on the air', live without interruption to the music.

It is a bit of sound engineering trickery though:)

and you need a Blue Cat's Audio Connector, vst plugin.

I think it will take me some time to explain it properly with printcreens, etc.

but in short, the idea is to send audio via Connector (audio from Traktor output) to the Machine and be able to sample/loop it live without interrupting music, operating Traktor with some loops, turning filter, and other f/x, and just quickly 'catch' it on the Maschine as audio, and so it works like a looper.

...and do it outside of the Maschine's limitations for 4 stereo input only...

which brings me the general idea it's possible to have more inputs on the Maschine (and be able to use vst plugins ) using the Connector. I am not sure how the latency compenation would work, but in working ith Traktor, it was super easy...all I had to do is to use DJing skills and 'phase in' the beat as it was off by the amount of latency, with Traktor SYNC with Maschine, and responding on BPM changes. Easy peasy, and I was able to find play music off Traktor and live loop part I liked and turn filter and record sample on the Maschine - there was no need to edit it, as audio it was perfectly looped.

That was super cool, Traktor was another instrument, use live, and it's ability to show the root note - are super handy in sampling/looping...