Komplete 12 or higher compatibility with MPC software as plugin ?

Options
Enferno Muzik
Enferno Muzik Member Posts: 4 Newcomer
edited March 23 in Komplete General

Is anyone using Komplete 12 or higher inside the MPC software as a plugin? I have searched and can’t find out if they are compatible before buying. I have Maschine software which works and a few other NI items that seem to open up fine

Best Answers

• PoorFellow
    PoorFellow Moderator Posts: 2,926 mod
    edited March 23 Answer ✓
    Options

If ! Then I think that it might also depend on the unspecified 'MPC Software' and on generation of Komplete bundle. I mean , I just tried to scan my plugins in my MPC Beats program and it looks a lot to me like if e.g. my MPC Beats either does not support VST3 or 64 bit plugins or both and I think that all of the N.I. K14 apps now is 64 bit only and probably as far as VST goes also only VST3 (Says runs in 64-bit VST, AU, AAX hosts)(but also says below : "Find out more about VST3 compatibility").

So either the 'MPC software' will have to be able to run 64 bit VST3 or it will have to be a bundle with specs that is supported by the 'MPC software' , sorry I can't help you with either !

• mykejb
    mykejb Moderator Posts: 1,222 mod
    edited March 24 Answer ✓
    Options

MPC 2.13 does only support VST2 so you're limited as to which NI programs will work. Later ones like Kontakt7 and GR7 aren't available as VST2, but a good number of them are.

• mykejb
    Answer ✓
    Options

You could try using something like Blue Cat Patchwork - that'll let you run VST3 plugins inside a VST2 host. It's paid software ($99), but you can get a 30 day demo here - Blue Cat's PatchWork - Fully Configurable Plug-Ins Chainer and Multi FX / Standalone Host or Plug-In (bluecataudio.com)

Answers

• PoorFellow
    edited March 23 Answer ✓
    Options

If ! Then I think that it might also depend on the unspecified 'MPC Software' and on generation of Komplete bundle. I mean , I just tried to scan my plugins in my MPC Beats program and it looks a lot to me like if e.g. my MPC Beats either does not support VST3 or 64 bit plugins or both and I think that all of the N.I. K14 apps now is 64 bit only and probably as far as VST goes also only VST3 (Says runs in 64-bit VST, AU, AAX hosts)(but also says below : "Find out more about VST3 compatibility").

So either the 'MPC software' will have to be able to run 64 bit VST3 or it will have to be a bundle with specs that is supported by the 'MPC software' , sorry I can't help you with either !

• Enferno Muzik
    Options

This is helpful information. Thanks a lot

• mykejb
    edited March 24 Answer ✓
    Options

MPC 2.13 does only support VST2 so you're limited as to which NI programs will work. Later ones like Kontakt7 and GR7 aren't available as VST2, but a good number of them are.

• Enferno Muzik
    Options

I think that’s what I’m finding. Kontackt player 6 , Maschine 2, massive and Reaktor seem to be ok. Sighs. I was just looking to add more sounds and depth while using the MPC platform

• mykejb
    Answer ✓
    Options

You could try using something like Blue Cat Patchwork - that'll let you run VST3 plugins inside a VST2 host. It's paid software ($99), but you can get a 30 day demo here - Blue Cat's PatchWork - Fully Configurable Plug-Ins Chainer and Multi FX / Standalone Host or Plug-In (bluecataudio.com)

• PoorFellow
    Options

Quote "Later ones like Kontakt7 and GR7 aren't available as VST3, but a good number of them are."

I suppose that you mean VST2 ?

• mykejb
    Options

Yep, edited the post!

• Enferno Muzik
    Options

I thought about using a host software like that. This miht be the best option to expand my sound library