Traktor Kontrol Z2 + TP3 - Headroom visualized on channel meters in software vs. on Z2 mixer.

andr0id
andr0id Member Posts: 3 Newcomer

Hello, I have a question about the application of headroom and its visualization in Traktor Pro 3 as well as the Z2 mixer itself.

First, I am not able to specifically choose what headroom is applied when using my Traktor Z2 mixer connected via usb (using it with Traktor). Though I am not able to specifically choose the headroom level, there may still be some headroom being applied as when I enable the option 'Apply Headroom to Channel Meters' in the Mixer settings for Internal Mixing Mode, I can see that the channel levels drop to some extent within the software. Is there a default headroom level being applied?

My other question is, while I can see the channel levels drop within the software when enabling the option 'Apply Headroom to Channel Meters' in the Mixer settings for Internal Mixing Mode, I don't think I see a difference in the channel levels on the Z2 (hardware) channel meters themselves.

Are the hardware (Z2's) channel meters reflecting the levels with the headroom being visualized whether or not I enable the said option in the settings or are they displaying the levels without the headroom being visualized as it is in the software when not enabling the said option 'Apply Headroom to Channel Meters'?

Thank you very much for any help!