Options
2»

Comments

• PoorFellow
    PoorFellow Moderator Posts: 3,066 mod
    edited March 24
    Options

Quote : "Rather Draconian, don't you think?"

It's automated forum software setup to prevent spam and abuse. It's all being constantly tweaked to the extend necessary, but I don't think that if e.g. 1 in 100 have a problem using an abbreviation is something that will spur any changes. It can be an annoyance in between but with respect to the forum then I think that N.I.is doing the best they can under the circumstances (potential spamming and abuse considered).

As for the N.A, 2 then all I can suggest is that you contact N.I. Native Access and Installation Support with your problems and see if you can get a dialog going, if not then sorry but it's not something that I have any influence on !

I myself participates in civil manner discussions and dialog with N.I. in the forum where possible and I did recently put in a request for Native Access to be smarter but really that is the extend of what I can do !

• tempsperdu
    tempsperdu Member Posts: 376 Pro
    edited March 24
    Options

@ PoorFellow

Thanks for your help.

It would be so much easier if the software just edited or deleted what it deemed to be offensive, because I doubt anyone is going to automatically twig why a post isn't actioning. I only found out by reposting the post line by line to see what the problem might be.

As for NA, that's not your problem, it's basically Matt's as far as I can tell, and it's arguably pretty rude of him not to respond and answer for this eternal calamity. Not much point in my experience of contacting support at the moment.

• PoorFellow
    PoorFellow Moderator Posts: 3,066 mod
    Options

'Matt' (Matt_NI)(Community Team at NI) has nothing to do with Native Access , as far as I know then nobody attending the forum other than Hayo_NI has anything to do with Native Access , and Hayo_NI only are here in-between and I doubt if it is any greater part of his job description because Hayo_NI is listed as being Product Manager of Native Access 2 and the Daemon. (from time to time Hayo_NI has been more active in the forum when posting threads where taking feedback and so on than at other times) From a general point of view then those 'responsible' for the products only rarely attends the forum and those of staff attending forum regularly are Customer Care and Community personnel . That's basically how stuff works as far as I know !

• tempsperdu
    tempsperdu Member Posts: 376 Pro
    Options

@PoorFellow

Sorry, because Matt had been closing threads in NA, I assumed it was his gig.

Whoever is responsible, this really is a mess, even a beta team would balk at the state of these releases,

If I've understood the way things are going, they seem to be trying to get the main programmes to do some kind of pre-scan before opening or becoming properly functional, which is making load times and usability totally impractical for anyone with a reasonable amount of plugins.

That's NA2, Komplete Kontrol, Maschine and Kontakt. Given that NA2 and Kontakt don't deal with VST's that would appear to make no sense at all.

If I'm wide off the mark, OK, but if they'd actually elucidate on what the hell is going on to users then misunderstandings are a lot less likely to occur.

• LostInFoundation
    LostInFoundation Member Posts: 4,309 Expert
    Options

The fact that the responsible only rarely attend the forum is the exact reason why the others (the responsible for the forum) should act as an intermediary and report things to the people in charge. Or at least pretend to show some interest.

This is true for all the companies forums that are not there just to have users doing the company duties by answering other users questions and resolving their problems.