How can I download the latest Kontakt version's installer?

Options
tmpc
tmpc Member Posts: 77 Member
edited March 27 in Kontakt

How can I download the latest Kontakt version's installer? I don't like leaving my music computer sitting online while it downloads and updates.

Tagged:

Best Answer

• PoorFellow
    PoorFellow Moderator Posts: 2,822 mod
    edited March 15 Answer ✓
    Options

You can not. If you have a specific issue with a specific app or library then install support might choose to help by providing you with a download but it is rather unlikely that you would be provided with a greater sets of downloads and apps just because you "don't like leaving your music computer sitting online while it downloads and updates".

All the content of the Komplete Bundles and it's updates are presently in general only available as downloads through Native Access.

In the future however you might be able to install all your products on one computer and then transport the Content library part to another computer and then do a 'locate all' so that you do not have to download all the Content libraries again. !

This is very much in the works at the moment !

Quote Hayo_NI on October 2023 :

installers are going away in most cases and switching to slim content tech that removes the need for installers. This will also allow you to update products by updating only the files affected. Ergo, we're not investing much more time on enhancing the experience with our existing installers right now, unfortunately.

Hayo_NI Product Team February 28 , 2024

We're rolling slim content out for expansions. This could display an incorrect need to reinstall the entire product, though we're looking into what else might be causing this visual glitch.

Answers

• mykejb
    mykejb Moderator Posts: 1,209 mod
    Options

Downloading any software without being online will be slow :) Unfortunately there's no way to download and authorize the software without being online. Even if you could get hold of an installer the software still needs activating and you need to be online for that to happen.

• PoorFellow
    PoorFellow Moderator Posts: 2,822 mod
    edited March 15 Answer ✓
    Options

You can not. If you have a specific issue with a specific app or library then install support might choose to help by providing you with a download but it is rather unlikely that you would be provided with a greater sets of downloads and apps just because you "don't like leaving your music computer sitting online while it downloads and updates".

All the content of the Komplete Bundles and it's updates are presently in general only available as downloads through Native Access.

In the future however you might be able to install all your products on one computer and then transport the Content library part to another computer and then do a 'locate all' so that you do not have to download all the Content libraries again. !

This is very much in the works at the moment !

Quote Hayo_NI on October 2023 :

installers are going away in most cases and switching to slim content tech that removes the need for installers. This will also allow you to update products by updating only the files affected. Ergo, we're not investing much more time on enhancing the experience with our existing installers right now, unfortunately.

Hayo_NI Product Team February 28 , 2024

We're rolling slim content out for expansions. This could display an incorrect need to reinstall the entire product, though we're looking into what else might be causing this visual glitch.

• tmpc
    Options

I understand that you must be online briefly to activate it. I just don't want my music computer sitting online for the entire download. I can download libraries to my "daily driver" computer, but not so with Kontakt itself.

• Vocalpoint
    Vocalpoint Member Posts: 948 Guru
    Options

" I just don't want my music computer sitting online for the entire download"

This doesn't make a lot of sense.

If you are not online (for the entire download) - you cannot download anything.

VP

• mykejb
    edited March 15
    Options

You might be able to do this, although it's not 100% straightforward, and comes with no guarantee. It did work on my PC here. This is for a Windows PC, filenames will probably change on a Mac.

On your daily PC, open the "download" folder that Native Access uses then download/install Kontakt. You'll see a file appear in the download folder called "Kontakt_7_Installer.zip". Once that's finished downloading and the installation starts, copy it. Transfer it to your music PC, unzip it to extract the installer then run the installer to install Kontakt.

• tmpc
    Options

Of course it does. You download the library on your daily use computer and then move it to the music computer. You then briefly go online with NA and simply locate it (as it was already authorized on the download computer).

• tmpc
    Options

Yes, this works. I've actually done this before, but forgot about the details of doing it. Thanks for jogging my 67 year old memory. I believe that the other piece of this puzzle is that you must delete the installed version of Kontakt to get it to download the entire installer. I'll have to check this out.

Thanks, mykejb.

To NI: Would it be so hard to give users a way to download the installer?

• mykejb
    Options

Yeah I agree - installations managers are ok for most users, but for the odd case where music computers aren't internet connected a way to download to another computer and do offline authorization is pretty much essential.

• Jojo123
    Jojo123 Member Posts: 231 Advisor
    Options

@tmpc

"To NI: Would it be so hard to give users a way to download the installer?"

My sentiments exactly. Its also a breath of fresh air hearing there's still people who like to keep their computers offline, or as much as possible.

• Vocalpoint
    edited March 16
    Options

Yes - it does - if you could actually download an installer.

But in this case you cannot - as I am sure you have already figured out.

The days for full "standalone" installers for NI stuff are over.

Now it is Native Access - ON the machine intended for use and online at all times.

VP

• tmpc
    edited March 16
    Options

You misunderstood me. You install and authorize the library on the "daily driver" computer and then move the installed library files to the music computer and remove it from the "daily driver". You then go online with NA on the music computer and simply Locate the library. I do this ALL OF THE TIME.

• Vocalpoint
    edited March 16
    Options

@tmpc

"Then move the installed library files to the music computer and remove it from the "daily driver". You then go online with NA on the music computer and simply Locate the library. I do this ALL OF THE TIME."

Seems like a huge PITA. But if it works - it works.

VP

• tmpc
    Options
  • Vocalpoint
    Options

Or one man’s “perceived” caution.

Not sure exactly what the fear is about isolating a machine offline but if it works for you - enjoy.

VP

• tmpc
    Options

Really? You have no idea? Ever hear of Viruses and Malware?

This discussion has been closed.