Sync Ableton & Traktor Pro 3 + S8, not possible connect "external devices using MIDI connection.

Options
Sun Miguel
Sun Miguel Member Posts: 2 Newcomer

I am trying hard to establish a "Midi clock" connection between Ableton 11, Traktor Pro 3 and Traktor S8 controller.

1. To start with the positive news: It is for me possible to "Link" Ableton and Traktor using a Wi Fi network/ router. But sometimes I have gigs on locations with (almost) no Wifi.

2. It is not possible for me to connect through the "External sync page" way, cq connecting to external devices using MIDI connection. I tried hard to connect using the "Add"" button to create a "Generic Midi " but in the "In and Out ports" the "Traktor virtual input" and the Trakor Virtual Output" don't not show up. I do not understand this. When I disconnect the S8 , still no "Traktor Virtual Input/ output"".

(by the way,All software is updated.)

3. I am unable to use "Link" without an active internet connection. When I follow the guiddelines of Ableton Live (11.3.21 Suite), the instructions on their help page / Faq (reference to an article "Oliver Haslam·August 20, 2015

""Create Ad Hoc WiFi Hotspot In Windows 10, Here’s How"

is says that it is not possible to create a connection .

"Hosted network supported"" ends on my laptop with a ""No". What to do?

Maybe somebody has some answers on nr 2 and 3?

Thanks in advance😀🌞⭐️!

Answers

• lord-carlos
    lord-carlos Member Posts: 2,429 Expert
    Options

Not possible to just use a network cable? Mac book user? :D

In that case maybe just buy a small mobile router? Does not need internet, just provide a network both can join and see each other.

• Sun Miguel
    Sun Miguel Member Posts: 2 Newcomer
    Options

Thank you for your answer, I use Windows 10.

Concerning 3.: Usually, you can simply create an own network without WiFI in Windows but I found already that my laptop is missing something:

Assert that the line Hosted network supported: ends with Yes. Otherwise, you have to update your drivers or use different drivers (like using a more specific driver for your adapter model instead of a generic driver).

I was hoping that someone knew what to do next. Which different drivers?

Concerning 2: I m afraid it has to do with the, already, oldish, S8? I found already a trick with "" Loopbe internal Midi", I have to study on this.