Previous versions compatible with K6 older libraries link not working

Options
VGarcia66
VGarcia66 Member Posts: 1 Newcomer

Session Guitarist - Electric Mint has not been working since it updated to v1.1. I went to support and saw their article with multiple links to download the older version but every time I try to it says "too many users have viewed or downloaded this file recently. Please try accessing the file again later. If the file you are trying to access is particularly large or is shared with many people, it may take up to 24 hours to be able to view or download the file. If you still can't access a file after 24 hours, contact your domain administrator." Anyone else having this issue?

I've previously sent ticket to product support and they sent me to the article with the multiple links to download.

Best Answer

• mykejb
    mykejb Moderator Posts: 1,237 mod
    Answer ✓
    Options

That sounds like Google have blocked access to the file because it's been downloaded so much and NI support haven't been notified. @Jeremy_NI will probably need to take a look, but It's unlikely this would get looked at before Monday now. I'd suggest you keep trying to download the file before then, you might hit lucky and they unblock it.

Answers

• mykejb
    Answer ✓
    Options

That sounds like Google have blocked access to the file because it's been downloaded so much and NI support haven't been notified. @Jeremy_NI will probably need to take a look, but It's unlikely this would get looked at before Monday now. I'd suggest you keep trying to download the file before then, you might hit lucky and they unblock it.

• PoorFellow
    PoorFellow Moderator Posts: 3,020 mod
    Options

I have no problem downloading that file (assuming that you wanted the Mac version) , but I have seen that issue before.

As Mykejb suggests then only N.I. in the shape of e.g. Jeremy_NI could help , if ? .

I suppose that the general problem is one of trying to prevent abuse (from people using cracked/pirated software or whatever) in a way that requires little to no administration from N.I. why people like yourself and I may come to experience what you are experiencing !

• mykejb
    Options

It's nothing to do with NI, google drive limits the amount of data you can download in a set time period.

• PoorFellow
    PoorFellow Moderator Posts: 3,020 mod
    edited March 9
    Options

Of course it has also to do with NI. By distribution of the total size of content on a drive and number of files then one also indirectly sets the on average number of times that all the content can be downloaded. There is a huge difference in load/quota utilization between if a drive has one large file or many large files. Also one can probably upgrade a drive quota if one wants to ! (What is specifically linked to here is only meant as an example and may not in itself fit the use example at hand !) , Example 2 !

Anyway , I do not have the need for this discussion unless questioned further !