Purchased with the izotope music production suite 6 bundle but the rig 7 does not open.

Options
Mack Barge
Mack Barge Member Posts: 3 Newcomer
edited March 21 in Guitar Rig & FX

Purchased with the izotope music production suite 6 bundle but the rig 7 does not open. What now? I have followed all the instructions re: installation, but it only shows open in the Native Access instead of installed. I have been trying to get it to run for 5 months now.

Best Answer

• PoorFellow
    PoorFellow Moderator Posts: 2,822 mod
    edited March 9 Answer ✓
    Options

Please make sure that you have sufficient Administrator privileges on the computer and be sure to be using latest version of Native Access for your OS .

Then uninstall the Guitar Rig , then run the NI reg tool and remove anything Guitar Rig , Then restart computer , then run Native Access as an Administrator and try re-installing Guitar Rig !

If you do not have any problems installing and using Native Access and the above does not work then I think that you will have to contact support !

P.S.

Don't sit and be unhappy for 5 months if stuff do not work ! Please contact support and give them a chance to try to help you if your stuff do not work ! N.I. wants your stuff to work so that you can buy buy some more and have that work for you too ! 😉

Answers

• mykejb
    mykejb Moderator Posts: 1,209 mod
    Options

The latest Native Access replaces "Installed" with "Open" for applications that you can open. Libraries will still show as "Installed".

If you click on "Open" does GR7 open? If not, what happens? Do you get an error message or does nothing happen? You should see Guitar Rig as an application in the Window start menu too.

• Mack Barge
    Mack Barge Member Posts: 3 Newcomer
    Options

I click open, then it shows opening, and stops opening, then nothing. no error msg, crickets.

• PoorFellow
    PoorFellow Moderator Posts: 2,822 mod
    edited March 9 Answer ✓
    Options

Please make sure that you have sufficient Administrator privileges on the computer and be sure to be using latest version of Native Access for your OS .

Then uninstall the Guitar Rig , then run the NI reg tool and remove anything Guitar Rig , Then restart computer , then run Native Access as an Administrator and try re-installing Guitar Rig !

If you do not have any problems installing and using Native Access and the above does not work then I think that you will have to contact support !

P.S.

Don't sit and be unhappy for 5 months if stuff do not work ! Please contact support and give them a chance to try to help you if your stuff do not work ! N.I. wants your stuff to work so that you can buy buy some more and have that work for you too ! 😉