Komplete Audio 2's driver does not seem to work fluently with intel's new architecture

han_kiru
han_kiru Member Posts: 2 Newcomer
edited April 2022 in Other Software & Hardware

I was originally using i5-7600 with Komplete Audio 2 on Ableton Live 2. Recently, I changed my desktop, upgrading my cpu to i7-12700f. After upgrading my computer, Ableton was beginning to make some sudden cpu spikes. I was struggling to solve this problem, including reinstalling the Ableton, audio 2 driver and the Windows, but it was no use. Audio 2's latest update was at 17.09.2021 and this intel cpu was released after that so I'm thinking that the driver is the problem.

Is anyone having same problem using 12th gen i7 or i9 which is using intel's P-E core architecture?

Tagged:

Comments

• Kubrak
    Kubrak Member Posts: 2,772 Expert

Try to switch off the small cores. And you will see.

• han_kiru
    han_kiru Member Posts: 2 Newcomer
    edited May 2022

It turns out that turning off the E-cores actually helped alot. I tested out some environments with and without the E-cores on.

1. Turning ON the E-cores with using Komplete ASIO on Ableton Live 11 - Makes lots of cpu spikes(128 buffer sample).
    2. Turning ON the E-cores with using ASIO4ALL - LESS problem.
    3. Turning OFF the E-cores with using Komplete ASIO - Almost NO problem.

I'm guessing that Komplete ASIO driver NEEDS AN UPDATE for these hybrid architecture thing that intel uses.

• Kubrak
    Kubrak Member Posts: 2,772 Expert

Also, you do not write, what Win version you use. I guess only Win11 supports 12th gen Intels correctly/decently.

Win10 scheduler is not aware of big.little, AFAIK, and may introduce problems, if programs are not aware of big.little (do not force OS to give them only big ones or something like that....)