Sustain Pedal issue with A49 keyboard

Options
michael1964
michael1964 Member Posts: 1 Member
edited March 6 in Komplete Kontrol

I have owned an A49 for several years but never connected a sustain pedal to it. I just bought an M-Audio SP-2 and for some reason I just can't get it to work. I have tried the following:

• The sustain pedal works fine when used on other keyboards, and I have tried with the polarity switch in both positions
  • With a MIDI monitor app open I get MIDI messages for portamento when I depress and release the pedal with values of 127 and 0 respectively. In Komplete Kontrol I have the CC set to 64, but it looks like it's 65
  • In Ableton Live or Logic (both on MacOS Sonoma) I can use the sustain pedal on other keyboards successfully for various plugins, just not the A49
  • I have followed instructions on this site to check the functioning of the A49 using Komplete Kontrol (plus a number of plugs/unplugs and reboots)

It seems that the pedal is functioning correctly and sending MIDI signals, but I can't actually get it to sustain anything.

Any ideas on what I can do next?

Comments

• PoorFellow
    PoorFellow Moderator Posts: 2,913 mod
    Options

Apparently the pedal ought to work but alas I have no personal experience in the matter but I found these knowledge base articles for you ! :

List of Compatible Pedals with KOMPLETE KONTROL Keyboards

How to Configure Sustain / Expression Pedals on KOMPLETE KONTROL Keyboards

• juhasto
    juhasto Member Posts: 1 Newcomer
    Options

Having great time here trying to figure out how to make simple sustain pedal m-audio sp-2 work in my komplete kontrol A61. (Is this supposed to be this hard?) To start with, I can't find the midi icon in kontakt player 7 version 7.8.1. It's just not there in the upper right corner. What have I missed? The instructions in article How to configure sustain / expression pedal seems to be holy grail if only I found the midi icon button to button. Help? :)

• EJJ
    EJJ Member Posts: 7 Newcomer
    Options

OP

I believe that your issue might be that "apparently" you can NOT set the Midi Channel for the Pedal on A61 Keyboards. Check the midi channel you are using.

Can a moderator pipe in and comment if a new software version is available to allow us to change and store the Midi channel for the Pedal when creating Templates. If not, THIS IS MAJOR ISSUE !

Cheers

EJJ