Kontrol 2024 outlook: what was, what now, what next?

Options

Comments

• Matthew_NI
    Matthew_NI Product Team Posts: 897 mod
    Options

FWIW - Massive was recently updated to NKS 2 so is very much on the radar.

• oobe79
    oobe79 Member Posts: 91 Helper
    Options

I honestly have no idea what you are talking about, which is par for the course. You’re way too concerned with trying to come off as clever. I have nothing else to add to this conversation.

• Mark90
    Mark90 Member Posts: 3 Member
    Options

Totally agree with the points above.

Having had the S88 mk1 for many years, when I upgraded I found the experience of browsing for presets using the mk3 keyboard a bit clunky. On the mk1 keyboard I could just use the one encoder to browse instruments and select presets which made the process a lot streamlined than having to use two encoders to select sounds.

Another suggestion would be to click the 4d encoder left to select products and nudging the encoder right to select presets.

Looking forward to having midi templates and the ability to set up keyboard zones once again.

• Vagus
    Vagus Member Posts: 417 Guru
    Options

The lights are programmable- tempo indicator when recording in DAW. Suggested before, but I would love this.

• nightjar
    nightjar Member Posts: 1,298 Guru
    Options

Glad to hear some words that at least allow for the possibility.... and I'd assume Massive would have equal consideration to Battery & Reaktor?

• Trekkie
    Trekkie Member Posts: 14 Member
    Options

There was a youtube video where someone to an Ableton Push and used it to control the MK3. Would be cool if a Maschine+ could do that (or a newer version of one) but that was a bit of a killer app to me if you wanted to do live performances and need more than the Maschine+

Not sure if that's a Mk3 feature or a Maschine+ feature, so thought I'd comment on it here.

my only other comment is that you're just now getting to Sonoma support, and I get this is hard I'm in software industry myself - but we will most likely be seeing something else in June with a September release if Apple sticks to their schedules. Is any changes being made to try and get ahead of that development curve? I'm looking at new hardware this year and would like to not worry about running 'legacy' OS or being unable to use things.

• unrealone
    unrealone Member Posts: 9 Member
    Options

JAM Effect strips would be amazing.

8 JAM effect strips would be game changing.

• Super8boy
    Super8boy Member Posts: 71 Helper
    Options

And better fx integration, not just using the one fx.

@Matt_NI, no mention in the roadmap about the FX. I remember in the AskMe thread you had acknowledged there was a lot of room for improvement and work ahead of you to handle effects better, especially since PluginAlliance is now part of NI (I know their former CEO just resigned out of frustration with an open letter, so I hope it’s not to do with the lack of hardware integration with those fx)

• MorrisEd
    MorrisEd Member Posts: 73 Helper
    edited March 10
    Options

The MK3 is really frustrating to work with. Between the lack of midi templates and that the label fonts only display 4-5 characters, it’s inferior to the MK2 imo.

• chpiatt
    chpiatt Member Posts: 32 Member
    Options

The only thing I really care about would be DAW automation support for effects! It would make Komplete Kontrol and the keyboards 10x more useful...

You could handle it in 1 of 3 ways:

1) Enable automation support directly within existing KK for effect plugins

2) Release a standalone 'effects' version of KK (maybe something like Waves StudioRack in terms of functionality, but integrated with Kontrol keyboards) - better, bc could use on audio channels as well as midi

3) Ideally, both! Obviously more work but would give most flexibility

In the same vein, the ability to save effects chains would be another obvious thing to include in an update like this. Basically anything to make effects parameters feel like an extension of instrument parameters would be welcome.

• Luzio
    Luzio Member Posts: 2 Member
    Options

Thanks for the update but, as a user, honestly I can't rely on NI anymore.

All these features will last for a limited time, until you decide to change something in the software or add some restrictions to older gear.

I think I am/was a good customer since during the years I bought (and updated regularly) NI Komplete, Expansions, various Machine Mikro, Komplete Kontrol S49 MK1, Traktor software etc...

I wanted to upgrade my KK S49, but I don't trust you so probably I'm switching to some competitor alternatives.

The point is that your devices are becoming just like smartphones: they become old too soon.

Maschine Mikro and Komplete Kontrol are perfect examples: most of the users I know are disappointed with your policy and (like me) will not repurchase NI hardware.

No other music brand discontinues support for their hardware that fast. Are you sure this policy will lead to something good?

L

• chpiatt
    chpiatt Member Posts: 32 Member
    Options

I guess the only the other thing I would request at the moment would be to fix filtering by 'sub-bank' in KK and on the keyboards. Not sure if this was intentional or a bug, but it only works for some small subset of KK presets now and not at all for any user-created presets.

• Spidouz
    Spidouz Member Posts: 1 Member
    Options

All I want is a Kontrol mk3 “Studio”, with included pads, I/O and faders/touchstrips, even if in the end it would cost as much as the S Series + Maschine + Maschine JAM, at least we would only have one device to be connected to our computer… like a full workstation keyboard… (like Akai MPC Keys but better because it’s NI and fully integrated with Komplete).

• GroZours
    GroZours Member Posts: 5 Member
    Options

Thanks for the infos

BUT

Native has clearly showed the intent of forcing everyone to change hardware at a specific point, by removing things on purpose.

Sorry, but I cannot spend thousands and thousands in softwares and hardware that will be just "rigth-click disable" at some point, and locked if not online etc etc etc.

Yes , I was to buy a keyboard at some point, and yes I thougth I found a derious solution for the future, but now I can only know that, once Îm captive I ́ll then have to pay every month...year etc...

maybe Because you decided what are the functions and need "used by only a few..."

i understqnd you want to profit the most , but that is too far pushed for me.

• GroZours
    GroZours Member Posts: 5 Member
    Options

Yes. My keyboard was less than 5 years old...