Is there any workaround regarding the "ALT" KEY in Pro Tools? (SPOTLIGHT COLLECTION: WEST AFRICA)

Options
robmartynenko
robmartynenko Member Posts: 2 Newcomer

So I recently started using the WEST AFRICA library. It is pretty good.

The problem is that you need to use the ALT KEY in order to change the variation of determined percussion. Pro Tools won't allow me to use the ALT key. Is there anyway I can fix that?

Is pretty much annoying to create the patterns in a different DAW or Kontakt (stand alone) and then go back to Pro Tools.

Best Answer

• EvilDragon
    EvilDragon Moderator Posts: 1,023 mod
    Answer ✓
    Options

Well, considering this from a quick Google search:

it seems the only workaround is to not use PT in the first place, sorry to say...

Answers

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,797 mod
    Options

What ALT key do you mean? Did you find that in the manual? I looked for it but didn't find it. The variations can be changed with the red keyswitches:

• robmartynenko
    robmartynenko Member Posts: 2 Newcomer
    Options

Hi Jeremy!

If you click on "EDIT" in this same variations KNOB it goes to another windows where you can change the dynamics by yourself.

If I want to use a "OPEN note" (X) I have to click it while pressing ALT key. The problem is that PRO TOOLS wont allow me to use the ALT key. Is there any workaround?

On standalone and other DAW's I don't have this issue.

• EvilDragon
    EvilDragon Moderator Posts: 1,023 mod
    Answer ✓
    Options

Well, considering this from a quick Google search:

it seems the only workaround is to not use PT in the first place, sorry to say...

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,797 mod
    Options

@robmartynenko Yes, unfortunately there's no workaround for the library itself.