JACOB COLLIER AUDIENCE CHOIR not working in masOS 10.15.

Options
biniittt
biniittt Member Posts: 2 Newcomer

I have been using an older version of macOS 10.15(Catalina) and along with that, I’m using Kontakt 7 player, so I went up to support. There I learned that If I'm on macOS 10.15, I cannot install the latest Kontakt 7 (Player) since it's not compatible. and I need to install the previous versions of the affected libraries, as this library launched yesterday, there are no previous versions of it. And now I feel I won’t get to use the JACOB COLLIER AUDIENCE CHOIR library until I update my software. And I don’t want to but still wish to use it. Any solution for this problem ???

Comments

• Vocalpoint
    Vocalpoint Member Posts: 946 Guru
    edited March 1
    Options

JCAC requires Kontakt 7.7 (or higher).

Your choices are - upgrade your OS (in order to get a newer version of Kontakt in play) or (unfortunately) miss out on using JCAC.

Why are you committed to Catalina? Is it a hardware constraint or something else?

VP

• David Birdwell
    David Birdwell Member Posts: 11 Member
    Options

I have Mac OS Sonoma 14.3.1 and the newest Native Access and latest Kontakt and I visited the website to get AUDIENCE. It said "Jacob Collier Audience Choir is waiting!"

BUT it still hasn't shown up in Kontakt or Native Access even thought I've updated everything to the most recent version

Is there something else I need to do to see AUDIENCE in Kontakt?

• Vocalpoint
    Options

I just installed mine by clicking Available in Native Access and then scrolled down to the "J" area.

However there is more to this than simply seeing a blurb on the NI site saying "Jacob Collier Audience Choir is waiting"

You need to login to your NI acct when adding the product and then ensure it is listed IN your NI acct (with serial number etc_ - or you will never see it in Native Access.

VP

• biniittt
    biniittt Member Posts: 2 Newcomer
    Options

The reason I'm committed to Catalina somewhere is hardware constraints, plus some of my plugins that I don’t want to update. I know that I don't really have any option other than updating the software, but I thought maybe if I reach out to the NI team, they'd help us with that, and make JCAC available for every possible one beyond every software-related circumstance.

• DunedinDragon
    DunedinDragon Member Posts: 468 Pro
    Options

JCAC is written to the new standards established in Kontakt and that's why it won't work on older systems. For it to work it would have to shed a lot of it's capabilities.

• Vocalpoint
    edited March 3
    Options

@biniittt

"I thought maybe if I reach out to the NI team, they'd help us with that, and make JCAC available for every possible one beyond every software-related circumstance"

The problem you are not thinking about is support. Regardless of your situation or why you are choosing to hang back - your OS is no longer supported - even by Apple.

Why would you think that NI would build out a new instrument that they now have to support on an OS that Apple does not. Makes no sense.

If you choose to use Apple - you already know the rules - be current or be on the sidelines. It's that simple.

VP