Kontrol Mk3 Writing Unwanted MIDI CC to Channel 16 - Logic Pro X

Options
dj1adb
dj1adb Member Posts: 2 Newcomer

Recently got a Kontrol S61 Mk3 and whenever I record to a software track in Logic Pro X it's writing a bunch of 0's to the Modulation on Channel 16. See bottom of this screenshot.

This means that any instrument that uses the mod wheel as, say, Dynamic level (like most Spitfire instruments), the dynamic goes to 0 whenever I stop moving the mod wheel.

How do I keep the Kontrol S61 from writing all those inputs on Channel 16? Is there another workaround?

Thanks!

Best Answer

• dj1adb
    Answer ✓
    Options

I might have figured out what's happening. I've got MIDI out to a desktop synth module, but am also sending MIDI in from that module to the Kontrol Mk3 (eventually so I can record parameter automation from the synth), and I think that module might be the culprit. I changed MIDI channel to just Channel 1 (rather than omni) on my software instruments and it solves the issue for now.

Answers

• dj1adb
    Answer ✓
    Options

I might have figured out what's happening. I've got MIDI out to a desktop synth module, but am also sending MIDI in from that module to the Kontrol Mk3 (eventually so I can record parameter automation from the synth), and I think that module might be the culprit. I changed MIDI channel to just Channel 1 (rather than omni) on my software instruments and it solves the issue for now.