Kontrol S61Mk3 not connecting midi inputs to kontakt7 or studio one 6. Cannot play sound from Keys.

Options
frkh09
frkh09 Member Posts: 35 Member

I just got s61 mk3, plugged it to windows 11 via usb, updated to latest firmware 1.5.7, started to browse sounds via kontakt and komplete kontrol software but once the sound is loaded guess what? I am unable to play it when keys are pressed on the keyboard, nothing happens. Also None of the transport control buttons are working, neither the daw button as well. They all are not even lighting up. So, I thought its the midi options are turned off in settings, therefore tried to assign it to port A and to turn on the midi in kontakt 7 settings but nothing is happening. It doesn't turn on the midi. Also same thing happens in komplete kontrol software where to check the box for midi for s61 mk3, but it is not checking and nothing us happening.

Also in Studio One 6, it cannot connect to the keyboard at all and giving error finding it. Where as in its settings I can add the keyboard for both Daw and S options, however after this nothing works from the keyboard.

Please help? It seems that it could be the latest firmware update which has messed it up. Not sure what it is. Any Ideas, help :(... I was so excited about the new s61 mk3 and now cannot even use it! Help...

Best Answers

Answers

• Uwe303
    Uwe303 Moderator Posts: 3,162 mod
    Options

Hello,

on your picture you are on outputs you have to activate it of course under inputs. Maybe try kontakt or komplete kontrol first then if it works go on to studio one.

• reffahcs
    reffahcs Member Posts: 848 Guru
    edited February 28
    Options

Are you sure you've installed all the appropriate drivers and software? It doesn't look like it. It should look like this:

And like Uwe mentioned, just worry about getting things to work in standalone mode before you throw a DAW into the mix. Generally speaking when you're trying to troubleshoot a problem (any problem, not just the NI Keyboard) you want to start at the very basics of the problem and then go from there.

By chance do you have MIDI 2.0 enabled on your keyboard?

You can also submit a trouble ticket with NI support using the following link https://support.native-instruments.com/hc/en-us/sections/360000091538

• frkh09
    frkh09 Member Posts: 35 Member
    edited February 29 Answer βœ“
    Options

Thank you for your help guys. That midi tool you sent a link for solved the issue. It was my chrome browser which had s61mk3 midi connected to it. Once I closed the browser and restarted Kontakt 7, it allowed me to turn the ports on and midi on and now working flawlessly. Studio one also connected to it as well now and works great πŸ‘ πŸ˜€