KOMPLETE KONTROL A25

Options
touchup1954
touchup1954 Member Posts: 27 Member

I managed to configure the knobs of the KOMPLETE KONTROL A25 to work with QC (Quick Control) via MIDI Remote in Cubase 13.

However, every time I change the selected track in Cubase 13, the KOMPLETE KONTROL A25 disconnects from MIDI link.

Is there a way to prevent the KOMPLETE KONTROL A25 from disconnecting from MIDI link?

Is there a possibility that this issue will be addressed in a future firmware update for the KOMPLETE KONTROL A25?

Best Answer

Answers

• PoorFellow
    PoorFellow Moderator Posts: 3,023 mod
    Options

Please check if your issue is the same as with Ableton live ! : My KOMPLETE KONTROL Keyboard Disconnects from Ableton Live

However , there has also been another discussion over here which I am not sure if ever resolved.

Else you may have to take the issue to support ?

• touchup1954
    Options

It might be a little different from the issue with Ableton Live, but in the case of Cubase 13, every time I move the selected track, I have to press the MIDI button located at the right shoulder of Komplete Kontrol, otherwise the link between KOMPLETE KONTROL A25 and Cubase 13 gets disconnected.

I'd prefer it to stay in MIDI Mode consistently.

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,839 mod
    edited February 28 Answer ✓
    Options

@touchup1954 Can you check these steps? My Komplete Kontrol Keyboard's Autofocus Function Does Not Work in Cubase

If you want to use the Quick Controls, you would need to switch the keyboard to MIDI, otherwise the MIDI CCs are not accessible.

• touchup1954
    Options

I see that even with KOMPLETE KONTROL M32 you have to switch to MIDI.

• touchup1954
    Options

I hope that the MIDI Mode of KOMPLETE KONTROL can be maintained without interruption. It would be greatly appreciated if this switching capability could be added to the KOMPLETE KONTROL A25.

I own a Maschine Jam and use it primarily as the main MIDI remote for Cubase. I can assign all switches as buttons for commands (via Controller Editor), which is incredibly convenient. I believe the KOMPLETE KONTROL A25 could possibly offer similar functionality. I kindly request firmware and software updates to enable this.

• touchup1954
    Options

Is there a firmware or software upgrade available to prevent disconnection of MIDI mode links?

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,839 mod
    Options

Unfortunately, this is very unlikely to happen. This is how the keyboard works. When not in MIDI mode the buttons and knobs are just not available as MIDI controllers.