I'm not getting any audio ouf the phone output (Main)

Options

I've tried searching everywhere without a solution. I'm using the S8 standalone (not through a computer) as a mixer for 2 1210's and 2 CD decks. Main main audio out (to speakers) is via XLR. My problem is that I'm not getting any audio out of the main phono out (I'm wanting to stream out to a phone for broadcast). Does anyone have a solution please as I'm tearing my hair out here. Thanks in advance.

Tagged:

Answers

• Uwe303
    Uwe303 Moderator Posts: 3,148 mod
    Options

Hello,

what do you mean with main phono out, you would have to use the rca connectors next to the xlr connectorsy both are maun out and parallel as far as I know. Have you tested the signal from the outputs with another device, and also the input of the phoney I guess an audio interface, with another signal, so you can test on what end the issue is

• lord-carlos
    lord-carlos Member Posts: 2,451 Expert
    Options

Do you mean booth out?

• Beware_The_Quirky
    Beware_The_Quirky Member Posts: 2 Newcomer
    Options

For clarity:

Main outputs:

XLR: Rokit speakers

Phono/RCA: to phone (after further investigation/twiddling I've found that there is a very faint signal/audio but nothing is registering when I connect my phone, switch over to mic input and make video recording). I'm assuming I'll need a secondary audio interface? Has anyone else done a similar setup and can give me some advice please? Thanks in advance.

• Uwe303
    Uwe303 Moderator Posts: 3,148 mod
    Options

What rca outputs? The one left from the xlr ones if you look from the rear? The 4 stereo line/phono rca sockets are just inputs. If your rokit speakers have a level pot use it to turn the volume down there so you can raise volume on the S8 cause xlr and rca outputs go both through the maszer volume pot.