Maschine midi in Cubase13

Options
Jpeakie
Jpeakie Member Posts: 3 Member

Hi all,

Hope someone can help..

Basically when I record midi into cubase from Maschine a drum pattern the midi data is in cubase but when I either delete the pattern from Maschine the or change to a blank scene i get no playback I get no sound from Maschine? It's like maschine doesn't recognise the midi from cubase to trigger the sound/pads but will play when the pattern is back n place?? I want to use the midi in cubase to trigger the sounds in Maschine. TIA

Answers

• ozon
    ozon Member Posts: 1,357 Expert
    Options

You must change how the Groups and Sounds react to incoming MIDI events.

• 6xes
    6xes Member Posts: 640 Pro
    Options

when i started off using maschine.... i also wondered how to do what you are attempting to do...

and after watching someone do the setup in other Daw's to grasp what is being done... the process was quite involved.... and would basically require that the same involved setup be done with every new project... at least thats how i understood it at the time...

realising this... i didnt bother with it

as a work around... you may be able to do this... unsure as it might be DAW dependant

highlight all the midi events within a pattern you wish to copy, using the "render/freeze" button on the far right (near length 4:0:0) which renders a audio file when you hold the left mouse, you can then drag it out of the maschineVST and drop it on your track of choice inside your DAW

this saves alot of fart arsing around!!

• 6xes
    6xes Member Posts: 640 Pro
    Options

huge wall of text there @ozon

some workflows just add extra work

but good on ya for providing the solution!!

well done!