Cannot edit your own posts after a month???

JesterMgee
JesterMgee Member Posts: 2,577 Expert
edited April 2022 in Social Club

Why?!

Why can we not edit a thread we create if we want to maintain info and update the post over time? Can we please have this ability back? The only other option I will have otherwise is to keep creating the same thread every month and duplicating the info otherwise.

Comments

• Uwe303
    Uwe303 Moderator Posts: 3,037 mod

Maybe that has something bro do with the level - sine square saw and so on, i will ask.

Uwe

• JesterMgee

Nah was never the case, I just note now it says "Edit (1 month)" and I have gone to update a discussion of mine with some extra info and can no longer make a change which I hope is not the new normal or i'll definitely be moving on from here. The ability for a user to update a thread they own is kind of needed.

• Uwe303
    Uwe303 Moderator Posts: 3,037 mod

it has pros and cons i would say but you are not new here and you should be able to do it in my opinion, like anyone else with many posts.

Uwe

• JesterMgee

Up until a few days ago I would edit a post but now if I click any post I make to edit I see this:

And going back, the 3 dots are no longer visible on older posts. I really hope this is some kind of issue to be resolved and NOT a new decision for whatever reason because I cannot see any good reason to disallow a user to be able to edit a discussion they have started. For instance, I want to add some different tags to a discussion because they were not initially available but now I cannot.

• Kaiwan_NI
    Kaiwan_NI Administrator Posts: 2,554 admin

Hey @JesterMgee if you have any questions about editing rights or anything related to the ranking, you can always DM admins directly. There's no need to create a discussion about a topic that other users don't have a control over.

There's a time limit on editing to prevent users from editing their post/comment from long time ago and thus bringing things out of context.

Having said that, we agree that there should be an exception for active community members. So going forward, Noise/Sine/Triangle users will have 4 hours of edit time. Saw users and anyone above this rank will have unlimited edit time.

Our DMs are always open if you have any questions.

This discussion has been closed.