Loading or viewing Kontakt 7 library

Options
Gloriaan
Gloriaan Member Posts: 4 Newcomer
I am sorry if I sound dumb but I am feeling so.
I do not have anything on my Kontakt.
I installed Ethereal Earth and that is the only instrument I can play.
However, I also installed Kontakt 7 which is 884 MB of space so it should have some instruments in there too? Or am I not understanding how anything works?
I also installed Reaktor 6 and there is nothing.
I paid Kontakt 7 thinking it would give me access to a lot of new sounds and every instrument seems to have a price.
Can anyone point me in a direction I feel so lost..

Answers

• Gloriaan
    Options
    I also have screenshots but I do not seem to be able to upload them...
  • Vocalpoint
    Vocalpoint Member Posts: 987 Guru
    edited February 13
    Options

"However, I also installed Kontakt 7 which is 884 MB of space so it should have some instruments in there too? Or am I not understanding how anything works?"

Probably best to start by telling us what you have purchased (or registered) in your official Native Instruments account? Was it Komplete Start? or some other package?

I am guessing you are installing the "player" version of Kontakt (and Reaktor). That you can see Etheral Earth is a good sign - but Kontakt Player (and Kontakt Full for that matter) do not normally ship with a pile of instruments.

You must buy them and install and Kontakt will pick them up and make them available.

But really - need to understand exactly what you bought/registered with NI (or didn't buy) as Komplete Start is free.

VP

• Gloriaan
    Options
    The receipt reads "Kontakt 7 Bundle" I wonder if it is necessary to install the whole 32GB Kontakt library 2 to have any instruments available..
  • Gloriaan
    Options
    But it still would not explain Reaktor...
  • Vocalpoint
    Vocalpoint Member Posts: 987 Guru
    edited February 13
    Options

I think this "Kontakt 7 bundle" is simply Kontakt 7 + The Factory Libary.

And yes - the "Kontakt 2 Library" will give you a nice selection of basic instruments and must be installed along with Kontakt.

VP