Programming Lightguide on Kontrol S88 MKRHeH

Options
Jan Van Opstal
Jan Van Opstal Member Posts: 1 Newcomer
Hello,

Try using the Kontrol S88 MK3 to execute commands in Unreal via MIDI. How can I program the light guide of the keyboard and the top keys? Thank you very much in advance for your response

Comments

• JesterMgee
    JesterMgee Member Posts: 2,639 Expert
    Options

Well, there is no MIDI editor in V3 of KK yet so no chance to do anything until it is released.

However, it will likely only allow what was possible with the last keyboards and that allowed I think 6 key ranges to be set with a colour assigned to each range, you cannot select specific colours for individual keys.

If by "top keys" you are referring to the BUTTONS on top of the keyboard for DAW control etc, you cannot program these at all. You are limited only to the encoders and keys for MIDI stuff. Basically what you are expecting is not possible and I wouldn't suggest holding out much hope for that to ever change.

• DunedinDragon
    DunedinDragon Member Posts: 530 Pro
    edited March 23
    Options

I would suspect such things would be driven from within the plugin that's loaded and active, not as an external signaling mechanism like MIDI. But who knows. Given that's only been demonstrated in conjunction with whatever object is active or from within a specific built-in capability such as the key assist, it's anybody's guess at this point how the light guides are setup. But I think since the light guide responds to whatever plugin is active, it's a pretty good guess it's controlled from there.

As far as top keys (assuming MID controls) you can do all of that via mapping MIDI responses.