How to load old edited presets, after the new updated of komplete kontrol in its player?

Options
Donny Phantom
Donny Phantom Member Posts: 1 Newcomer
I tried to find a solution for my problem in the community blogs or elsewhere on posts but I found nothing. After Updating Komplete Kontrol to its newest version all of the presets and sounds I crafted and evolved manually are ofc gone cause the presets are located. I do not get a message to relocate the file, it simply just does not load and the plugin remains blank. Is there a trick because it would be a disaster if I need to manually recreate the sound of all the different presets of over 300 songs I created.
I had a problem with contact 7 and the drivers of newer versions of sound packs and VSTs on older versions of recording programs but quickly found the article of the community, providing a new version to make the program read them.
I would be happy if there is a solution or blog/article you could send me on that issue, thanks in advance!

Best Answer

• Sunborn
    Sunborn NKS User Library Mod Posts: 2,410 mod
    edited February 11 Answer ✓
    Options

The problem with the new Komplete Kontrol is that does not offer a VST2 version anymore (i assume most of your projects made with the VST2 version). Normally it wouldn't be a problem at all, but, it does not migrate correctly from VST2 to VST3, as most of other NI apps does. There is a bug somewhere and we all hope that it will be solved on a near future update. This is what cause you (and many others too) that problem.

What you can do for now, is to uninstall it, and use the latest version who supports VST2, the Komplete Kontrol 2.9.6, which you can find here:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Vq1y1R6ZCyxYAIPTbsIw7K5rYrCu9uFI/view

However, we don't know how much time they will need to fix the problem, so, i suggest you start doing the migration yourself, while you have both versions VST2 and VST3, by duplicating your Komplete channels on all your projects, then use VST3 on the duplicated channels and copy there the settings/plugins/fx from the original, VST2 channel.

Its a long-shot, especially if you have 300 tracks, but the other option is to stay with the older version until they find a solution.

Answers

• Sunborn
    Sunborn NKS User Library Mod Posts: 2,410 mod
    edited February 11 Answer ✓
    Options

The problem with the new Komplete Kontrol is that does not offer a VST2 version anymore (i assume most of your projects made with the VST2 version). Normally it wouldn't be a problem at all, but, it does not migrate correctly from VST2 to VST3, as most of other NI apps does. There is a bug somewhere and we all hope that it will be solved on a near future update. This is what cause you (and many others too) that problem.

What you can do for now, is to uninstall it, and use the latest version who supports VST2, the Komplete Kontrol 2.9.6, which you can find here:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Vq1y1R6ZCyxYAIPTbsIw7K5rYrCu9uFI/view

However, we don't know how much time they will need to fix the problem, so, i suggest you start doing the migration yourself, while you have both versions VST2 and VST3, by duplicating your Komplete channels on all your projects, then use VST3 on the duplicated channels and copy there the settings/plugins/fx from the original, VST2 channel.

Its a long-shot, especially if you have 300 tracks, but the other option is to stay with the older version until they find a solution.