Komplete Kontrol M32 stuck in MIDI Mode after updating Mac to Sonoma 14.3.1 last night

Options
zassimo
zassimo Member Posts: 15 Member
My Komplete Kontrol M32 is stuck in MIDI Mode after updating Mac to Sonoma 14.3.1 last night. The device also isn't being recognized by the KKM Updater. Is anyone else having this issue? Literally spent hours and just cannot get it off. It just says "Template 1 midi mode"

Guessing an update might be needed after this?
Tagged:

Comments

• PK The DJ
    PK The DJ Member Posts: 1,138 Guru
    edited March 1
    Options

I'm suffering the same issue here, but on Windows 11.

M32 stuck in MIDI Mode and not being recognised as a KK device in Maschine or KK software.

When first connected, the M32 does fully illuminate the buttons and show the text "Komplete Kontrol" on the tiny display, but then reverts to MIDI Mode and most of the buttons go dark.

I've just tried uninstalling any KK related software, rebooting and reinstalling, but no joy.

The system sees it, the NI firmware updater sees it (0.4.5 installed) and shows the S/N.

[edit] Just tried on my laptop and it works, so not an issue with the M32.

• LostInFoundation
    LostInFoundation Member Posts: 4,292 Expert
    edited March 1
    Options

Have you tried again with the other computer after using it with the laptop?

It seems like an issue I had the other day: M32 was not responding to midi templates change (even if not stuck) and showed strange symbols on the screen. After plugging it to another computer where everything was working fine, even first computer started not causing any problem (like if plugging it to another computer made the firmware update effective)

• PK The DJ
    PK The DJ Member Posts: 1,138 Guru
    Options

Just gave it a try. No change. It has worked on this PC before, but I've not plugged it in for a while.

• zassimo
    zassimo Member Posts: 15 Member
    Options

Ended up refunding the keyboard. Haven't got time for this mess