Sonoma compatibility

mitchgh
mitchgh Member Posts: 1 Newcomer
When will Kontakt 7 and Absynth be compatible with Mac OS Sonoma?

Answers

• william olson
    william olson Member Posts: 25 Member

I was successful installing Kontakt 7 on my new imac with sonoma.Into logic

• Monochrome
    Monochrome Member Posts: 1,061 Expert
    edited February 11

Can't speak for Kontakt 7, but Absynth... never. It was discontinued in September 2022 and didn't get Silicon treatment.

One thing to note: Just because NI hasn't listed Kontakt 7 as Sonoma compatible yet, doesn't mean that it won't work at all. Many users here are reportedly having no issues running it under Sonoma. NI just can't guarantee it until their testing is completed.

• Kymeia
    Kymeia Member Posts: 3,455 Expert

Absynth still works fine on Sonata you just need to have Rosetta installed

• Nomatterwhat
    Nomatterwhat Member Posts: 1 Newcomer

I am on Sonoma since last december and I cant use Kontakt 7 and therefore my sound libraries, it is frustrating for my work. I am loonking on Spitfire side at the moment. If anyone has a way I can use my NI librairies please help , thankyou

• reffahcs
    reffahcs Member Posts: 713 Pro

Have you reached out for help? What problems are you having? What system? Loads of people are using Sonoma without issue, including me. I'm on an M2 Studio and the only major issue I'm facing is that audio previews don't work in Kontakt. Was kinda hoping that would be fixed in the latest update, but no such luck.

If you're having problems, then by all means search the forum for similar issues, start a new thread if you can't find an answer. That's one of the main purposes of this forum.